'Oh, that makes sense, you seemed kind of off yesterday..' We took a seat in the living room. 'If you don't mind me asking, what happened.'

I softly sighed. Nothing much, I just found out that Mabuchi and I are not meant to be..' I paused for a moment. 'He's moved on and I'm tired or chasing him.'

'What do you mean "he's moved on"?'

'Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. He has a girlfriend now, and this time i'm 100% sure.' I looked down at my fingers which I was fidgeting with. Takashi stood up and made his way to the door.

'Wait where are you going? You just came here.' I asked.

'You don't need to worry about that. You just focus on getting better. I'll see you soon.' He walked out of the door, leaving me puzzled. So I just spill out all my problems to him then he leaves? Absolute idiot.

I went back into my room, and spent the rest of the evening trying to forget everything. I ended up going to sleep, after failing to do so.

———————————

'Wow it's already Sunday..' I woke up and got up to get ready. I didn't go to school for the whole week as I managed to lie about being sick. I told Yui and Akari I was fine and that they shouldn't worry about me, but they still sent me texts to see if I were ok.

After I had my shower, I entered my room and checked my phone. I saw that I received a text from Takashi.

———————-
Takashi: Hey! If you're feeling better..., do you want to go see the firework display today?'
————————

Since when was there are firework display today?

———————-
Y/n: Sure, I guess.

Takashi: YAY! Ok i'll come pick you up at 7:30pm.
————————

I went downstairs to eat breakfast and watch some television. Hoishimi and I spent the day together because it was her last day here before she goes back for work. We went out to eat and watch a movie that we both been dying to watch. Before I knew it, it was already 6:30 and I remembered that Takashi and I were going to watch some fireworks.

'I have to go home and get ready, I'm going to watch some fireworks with my friend.' I asked as Hoishimi and I walked towards the car.

'Oh, with Akari?'

'No, Takashi, the one that was outside our house the other day.' I replied. Hoishimi gave me a smirk and snickered. 'Shut up and drive.'

'I didn't say anything!' She said, beginning to drive the car.

We arrived home, so I took a shower and changed my clothes. I wore some comfy clothes because if I were going to be out for long I at least wanted to be comfortable.  The doorbell rang, so I went downstairs. Takashi was standing at the door, wearing casual clothes.

'Hey, are you ready?' He asked.

I nodded my head and put my jacket on. 'I'm leaving now, mom!' Shutting the door, we began to make our way down the street. 'So where are we going to watch the fireworks?'

'I have a special place where you can see them clearly, so just follow me.' He stated. I nodded my head and followed behind him.

A couple of minutes later, we arrived at what seemed like a bridge. You could clearly see the beautiful trees and the whole town from this point. The sky was wide and dark, the only light was the moon and its little stars. 'Wow.' I whispered in mesmerization.

'It's beautiful, right?' Takashi looked at me, who was too focused on the eye-catching view. He smiled, 'I guess that's a yes.'

I felt a droplet fall onto my face. I placed my hand out and felt some more. 'It looks like it's going to rain.' I turned towards Takashi who was looking up at the sky.

'I guess so.. Don't worry! I have an umbrella!' He pulled out a black stick out of his jacket and to my surprise it was an umbrella.

'Why do you have an umbrella in your-'

'Shhh. No questions, the fireworks are about to start.' He looked down ant me and noticed something on my head. 'Wait there's something in your head.' He reached out his hand, before it stopped. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back into their chest. I looked up to see Mabuchi, looking irritated. He was drenched from the rain and his hair was all messy. He wasn't even wearing a jacket.

'Don't touch her.' He muttered, pulling me away from the scenery.

The faint sound of the fireworks echoed in my ears. I was shocked and confused. The bright colors in the sky was blurred out of my vision. I could see anything or feel anything. Except from him.