.ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7.

Start from the beginning

Henry looked at me surprised.

— Woah, really? That would be nice, Y/N! Thank you so much.

I chuckled a bit, turning down to the kid.

She looked back at me and patiently waited for when we finish talking. She heard everything and now surely was going to make me suffer. Charlie has a bit too much energy.

— Okay then, we'll be here while you can continue working. Luck to you, Henry.

— I would wish luck to you more, Y/N. — he laughs as going back to the hallway he came from.

What does he mean?-

Well, okay. I changed my view to the girl but she wasn't there anymore. My eyes widen a bit. Where did she go already? I look around.

— Miss Y/N, why are you standing there with dummy's face? Come here! — I hear voice higher than me.

Oh god, it seems like I understand now what Henry meant.

▪▪▪

— And so it is the prototype version. I'll start doing the chicken in Tuesday, for now we'll rest, — the voice of Henry speaks up closer, coming from the hallway until she shows up with William nearby, — Now, Y/N, how is-

I awkwardly smile and wave at him.

Afton sees the picture and tries to hold laugh. Henry stands shocked as his eye starts to twitch.

— Ohh, daddy!!! You're finally done! — Charlie finally gets off me and runs to her dad.

I cough, regaining my breath and shake my head.

Henry nervously blinks, not believing in what he sees.

— I-I tried my best...  — I'm trying to defend myself and get rid of paint on my cheek.

William bursts out in laughter.

— Hilarious!

Henry gives him a worried look.

— If this is good, then clean it up along with Y/N.

Bunny immediately shuts up, raising his hands in defeat but Emily already pushes him towards me.

Then he turns to his daughter who smiles innocently. And Charlotte just does puppy eyes. And Henry can't hold anger towards her.

She caused this mess and she's the one who goes innocent? What the hell?!

— Okay, you two clean it. I give you two hours. Let's go, Charlie. — he gives her a hand and leaves to some door.

Wait, I have to clean with him?!
God, no, please.

I didn't really realize that he's really here because I wasn't paying a lot attention. Well, alas to me, I'm going to work with him.

— Okay, clean up.

William goes away and sits on sofa, yawning which makes me wide my eyes.

— What do you mean?! Get your ass off there and help me!

He looks at me with raised eyebrow.

— Nope.

I cross my arms and give him a stare. Angry stare. He sighs.

— Okay I shall just kill you. Don't annoy me, Buns. I'm already tired enough with blueprints.

Of course, my trauma had to step in so all my rage gets replaced with fear. I once again replay in my head everything he's done to me.

I hug myself, turning away. Okay, Y/N, calm down. He won't do anything to me.

— Actually, I will, — a voice suddenly speaks right in my ear, — if you don't wanna get killed, be more attentive.

Did I tell my thoughts? I jump away from him and with all of a sudden feel myself falling because of the paint. Afton sees it too and his reflects work faster than thoughts. Or at least I think so, because with a bit surprised face he catches me. By my waist. I immediately close my eyes from fear.

And feel my face heat up. Of course because he's that close to me! I feel so embarrassed that I can't move.

— Maybe thank me? — I hear Bunny and open my eyes slowly. His blue cold eyes looking at me with expression I can't understand but his grin makes him look creepy as usual.

I'm filled with fear and I just want to run away from here but everything I do is...

— You're doing your "job" of hurting me extremely bad, you know?

WHAT?! DID I REALLY SAY THAT RIGHT INTO HIS FACE WITH THAT SARCASTIC INTONATION?! I'm dead. I'm totally dead.

But all he does is chuckles and tells that he'll do his job next time better.

— Because I still haven't finished what I started three years ago.

I laugh nervously. He finally releases me.
What a weird man. I'm honestly feared but this fear is somehow... Different. Usually I'm even afraid to say a word to him but it seems like now I got used to fact that isn't hurting me so my sarcasm came on as way to express my pain and shame for his actions to me.

I'm not answering him and just start to clean the floor from paint. It's called "Charlie wanted to color pizzeria but failed"

Suddenly, Afton joins me with cleaning. I thought he- Okay, I won't mention it or else he may change his mind. But after few minutes he starts a new dialogue about past.

— Aww, you still have that scar on your cheek. I remember how I made that cut, what a good times!

— You want to reminisce or what, William?

He raises an eyebrow to me.

— Hmm, tell my name more often, Buns. It sounds really good when you say it somehow.

What. I give him confused look and ignore this commentary. Although, I notice that he looks confused as well, as if he didn't realize what he just told but shrugged to himself. As long as he doesn't hurts me I'll be pretty good near him I think. I think, yeah.

▪▪▪

FOR GODS SAKE IT'S MORE THAT 2000 WORDS- for me it's like really a lot okay? Also I wanted to thank you all for more than 1k readers, it means a lot to me <3
Ok here you can see the great bravery that you finally show towards William which actually will cause some changes in his behavior too :D I feel like I'm paying too much attention to small details but it's the way I am so just waittt soon plot will move along!! And yeah I changed my name... I'll also change the cover of the book as I finish the art. Byeee ⚜