.ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7.

Start from the beginning

Uh... Well, I guess I'll just come one more time. Even if William will be there, I'm not going to fear him... I think. I'm acting like a child. Maybe he changed? Nah, I saw him myself, he became only worse.

Okay, I'll come. But homework first. I take my workbooks. Okay, let's see.

▪▪▪

I stand in front of the pizzeria. Uhhh... Did I seriously come here? Oh god, I totally regret that. I already can hear it's empty there.

Sigh. I need to go, Henry is waiting. I slowly open the door and take a peak inside. With no light and people this place looks extremely creepy.

I hear some noice from the right and turn my head there. One of the doors opens and Mr. Emily comes out. He immediately notices me and smiles softly.

— Y/N! I'm glad you came. I was afraid you won't because you seemed quite uncomfortable in here.

He comes to me closer and gives me a hand to shake. I smile back a bit and give him my hand too.

— Well, interest is higher than anything. Why did you want to meet me? — I ask, raising an eyebrow.

— Actually it's quite stupid reason... — he laughs awkwardly, — Just wanted to apologize for this nonsense few days ago.

— Oh, it's fine, you don't have to! — I reply, smiling awkwardly too.

We both stay silent until Henry sighs.

— Since you already came, would you like a cup of tea/coffee?

I shake my head in disagreement because I had lunch right before going out.

It's really awkward. It seems like Mr. Emily is not really socializing with people.

Suddenly, I feel someone's laugh and little girl runs out of the hallway. She notices us and her smile goes wider. Huh?

— Daddy, you're here!

I turn to Henry with all confused face. He smiles softly and hugs the girl.

— Hey, Charlie, didn't I tell you to wait for me in the office?

Charlie puffes her cheeks and yawns.

— It's soooo boring in there! — now she turns my head to me, leaving her father's embrace and goes around me.

Is she scanning me or something?-

— Y/N, meet my daughter Charlotte, Charlie for short. — speaks up the man, — Charlie, this is Y/N.

She stops in front of me and smiles again. Positive bean I would say.

— Nice to meet you, Charlie.

She nods and winks to me. Henry coughs and reminds his daughter of getting some manners but she only shows tongue to him.

I didn't knew Henry had a daughter. Well, obviously, it's the second time I meet this man. Guess he took Charlie with him at work.

I'd say she totally would get bored at home alone.

— Well, since I'm here already, I could watch Charlie for a bit? — I made a offer because this girl is really cute.