𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝟷.𝟹

Start from the beginning

Alex whispered, "Oh... I think that's our cue to leave."

"I mean, you should be at Pilates." Julie saved herself before her family could ask anything else. "Thanks for bringing us food."

"We should've called first." Reggie pushed his friends out the back door frantically as he tried his hardest not to cause a fuss. When the four ghosts appeared back into the garage, Ash decided to venture into the loft. She climbed up the ladder cautiously, not knowing how rickety each step had got over the past few years. She looked around the cramped space in the top where she and Luke had spent many Fridays watching movies after school.

She took a look at the boxes to her left, and saw familiar black cases along with a stand-out red one covered in stickers. Ash giggled at the sight, remembering the night where she and Reggie made custom stickers and decorated their guitar cases with them. "Guys!" Ashton called out, pulling the case on top, which she saw the initials 'L.P' carved in with some sharp object that the boy found. "I've found stuff!" She heaved the guitar around the loft, eventually made her way down the ladder with it. She panted as she placed it gently on the ground beside her, not wanting to break the contents.

Reggie, on the other hand, didn't have the same concern, "Luke!" He called as he threw the case behind him, hoping that Luke would catch it. Luckily, he did and he grinned at his instrument case.

"Oh that's rad! My guitar!"

"What did you find? Anything cool?" Alex asked, inspecting the case.

"All our stuff is up there still!" Ash exclaimed as she and Luke climbed back up the ladder to get the rest. "Help me get it all down." She pulled the cases down carefully, and passed them down to Luke gently, who handed them to Alex. Reggie stood at the end of the line, yawning as he did practically nothing.

"The least you could do is help." Luke complained at him.

Reggie shot back, "Hey, this is hard work watching you all struggle!"

"Just leave him." Ash rolled her eyes and continues passing instruments down.

Once they had everything down, they came to the floor of the garage where there was a sheet covering a suspiciously large object. Alex and Ashton grinned at each other and pulled the sheet away swiftly, and underneath sat Alex's drum kit, sticks and all. The foot drum at the bottom still had the 'Sunset Curve' logo on from the last time they were played. The guys began to tune their instruments, whilst Ashton pulled her case over to the couch and opened it eagerly. Inside, sat her white electric in all its glory. In the top of the case, were framed polaroid pictures she had took when she was alive. Ashton smiled as she inspected each and every one, most of them consisted of her and Luke, but some photographs were taken by Ash's mom of her and the whole band - including Bobby. There were a few of her, Reggie and Alex, which were mostly them messing around, but a couple nice ones were stuck up.

"You ready?" Luke approached her and sat beside her. He took a look at the photos and grinned. "Hey, that's me."

"Yeah, a couple years back." Ash chuckled. "Remember that?"

"I can't forget, I almost died that day." He laughed. The photo they were looking at was Ashton driving Luke around in the new car her mom and dad bought for her birthday.

"I wasn't that bad!" She shook her head. "And what are you all getting ready for?"

"To play again!" Luke exclaimed with excitement. "We're gonna test out our music and play a song or two. See if we've got rusty or not. You coming?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I know for a fact I haven't got rusty." She smirked and took her guitar out and joined the rest of the band, standing on the left where Bobby would normally join her. As the music picked up, Ashton started to nod her head along, and she sang along with Luke as her partner instead of her usual one - Reggie. When the instrumental came in, she jumped up and down in time as Alex drummed.