Chapter 15

***
A month had passed. It was now May 2nd. Jess and I had been together for a month now, and Roz had gotten over her Cody issue. We had been to several places in the past couple weeks like Kentucky, Ohio, North Carolina, and Georgia. We were now in Florida! It was Sunday and we had just traveled and arrived from Georgia. Jess had just taken up our bags to the hotel, and Roz and I were getting Starbucks. Jess was going to meet us after he was done. It had been a particularly odd day, because Roz wasn't feeling well at all.

"Here" I say handing her a chai tea latte. "If you're not feeling good, tea is better".

"Thanks. I don't know what's wrong. I just feel...off" She says.

"Is it your stomach? Your head? Like...cramps, maybe?" I ask.

"My whole body just...hurts" She says. She took a big gulp of the tea. As soon as it hit her stomach, she grabbed her stomach.

"What?" I ask.

"Bathroom. Now" She says before scrambling to the bathroom. I grab my bag and hers and follow. When I reach the bathroom, I hear a gagging noise.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. She doesn't respond, but the door unlocks. I walk inside and see her sitting in the floor by the toilet. "Roz, what's going on?".

"I don't know, Sadie. I just hurt. I'm puking. I don't feel up for anything" She says and put her head in my shoulder. I stayed quiet. Something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. It was the little metal trash can by the toilets. Then, it hit me.

"Uh, Roz?" I ask.

"Yeah?" She says looking back up at me.

"This question might be a little personal, but I have to ask" She says.

"What, Sadie?" She asks. She felt bad, so she was being a little aggressive today.

"Are you...late? Have you got your-".

"Oh, my God!" She says and throws her head back.

"Okay, well, that could explain it" I say standing up. She did too.

"Yeah, it could explain a pregnancy. That's almost worse!" She yells! My phone started ringing. It was Jess.

J- hey, baby. where did you guys go?

S- come to the bathroom.

J- uh, what?

S- girls bathroom!

I hung up the phone and seconds later the door opened. Jess walked in.

"Sadie?" He calls out. I opened the stall door, and let him in. He looked to Roz, who was tears eyed. "What on earth is happening?".

"Just...listen to me" I say. He nods. "What I need you to do is go to the CVS next door right now, and get a pregnancy test. Clear Blue or First Response brand".

"Will someone tell me what's going on? Beca-"

"Because I am late, Jess! And I had unprotected sex, so I need you to get me a test!" Roz yells. He stayed silent.

"Unless you wanna sit here with a hormonal woman" I add. He shook his head.

"Five minutes" He says to us and disappears. I sat down next to Roz.

"Man, I'm stupid" She says and palms her forehead.

"Hey, no you aren't. You don't even know what that test will say" I reassure her.

"Come on, Sadie. It's just my luck. I mess around with a douchebag, and don't make him wear anything. This is like...God getting me back. I messed up" She says. I try to comfort her. Just then, the door opens and Jess walks in with three tests.

"I got all they had" He says. Roz stood up and took them. We both just stand and watch her.

"Um...a little privacy, please" She says.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry" Jess says. He and I back out and wait outside the stall door. As we sat there waiting for Roz to let us back in, he interlocked his fingers with mine.

The seconds passed and Roz soon let us back in.

"Here" She says handing me the sticks. "I did all three, but I just can't look myself".

"Well, just sit down and stay calm. Be positive" I say with reassurance.

"Yeah, being positive is what I'm worried about" She says.

"Here, let me see" Jess says and takes the test from my hands. He studies them. "Hmm".

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. Just...how does this even work? Like, what does two lines mean?" He asks. Roz's head fell between her knees.

"Oh, fuck!". I smack Jess in the arm.

"Idiot!" I say to him.

"Ow! What?!".

"I'm pregnant! Two lines means that I'm pregnant" Roz explains. Jess's face went white. He then understood why I did what I did.

"Oh...my God. I'm so sorry" He says.

"Babe, just...go upstairs. I'll talk to you later, okay?" I ask. He nods.

"Yeah. That's fine" He says.

"Jess. Please don't say anything to Cody. I can't do that right now" Roz says. He nods before walking out. I looked to Roz. "I...fucked up".

"Roz, I know it seems like this is the end of the world, but it's not. You're gonna be okay. This may not be the best news in the world, but in the end everything will go the way its supposed too. I promise" I say.

"Sadie, I'm pregnant. I can't do this job with a baby inside me. Especially by myself, because we know Cody won't want anything to do with it" She says.

"Well, then it's his loss. Look, we're just gonna take this day by day and go from there, okay?" I ask.

"We?" She questions.

"Yes, we. You, Me, and Jess. You're not alone Roz. You have always got Jess and I. He and I are your family, and we're gonna be here for you no matter what" I say. She smiles and leans into me. My heart was still racing from finding out that her test was positive. This wasn't what any of us needed, and it was the last thing any of us expected.