𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎 𝟷.𝟸

Start from the beginning

"How are you?" Reggie asked quietly as she leant her head on his shoulder.

"I'm good, I guess. Just miss Bobby." She sighed. "I cant believe myself. I had one job to keep him safe, and I manage to die and leave him to play the Orpheum alone. I hope he's okay."

"He will be." Her best friend assured her. "I'm sure he's playing right now."

"I hope so. He deserves to play there. It was his dream." She smiled softly. "It was all of our dreams."

"Yeah, too bad we died." Reggie chuckled. "If only we listened to you."

She lifted her head and looked up at the boy, "Are you insinuating that I was right for once?"

"Just this once." He nodded with a few girlish giggles. "But not ever again."

"Sure, Reg." She ruffled his hair and then he began complaining about his gel going in his face. He got up and tried to comfort Alex, but the taller boy refused, shaking his head. Reggie was left to sit alone a few meters away, playing with the hem of his red flannel. Ashton felt an arm go around her shoulder, and she looked to her right and saw that Luke had replaced Reggie and was using her as a source of comfort.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled quietly.

Luke looked up with a grin and teased her, "What was that, Ash?"

"Nothing." She lied. That was another thing she hated. Apologising. It was never her strong suit being as serious as most people, so when she got into an argument she usually just instantly forgave them without an official apology.

"No, I definitely heard something." He chuckled.

"You didn't."

"I did."

"Did not."

"I'm pretty sure I did." Luke nodded. "Was it a 'sorry'?"

"Maybe. I dunno." She shrugged. "I didn't have any reason to shout at you and make you take the blame."

"Yeah, I mean if you're gonna blame anyone, it should be Alex. It was his hot dog you ate anyway." He joked. "But I knew you needed to shout so... I let you."

She smiled, "Thanks."

"So we're really dead." Luke stated. "Huh."

"I guess so." Ashton stared onwards.

"What do we do now?" He asked her, thinking that she would know. That's what he normally did, they all did. All the boys went to the girl with any questions or queries they had.

"How the hell do we get out of here?" She answered with another question, not wanting to tell him that she had no clue of what to do next. It was very rare occasion that Ashton didn't have an answer, but that moment was one of them.

The band's heads lifted when they heard their song playing. 'Now or Never' began playing through the black room, making them all the tiniest bit happier.

Take off
Last stop

"What do you think that is?" Alex asked.

Ashton shrugged, "Maybe Bobby's playing the Orpheum with a recording of us."

"Maybe." Reggie nodded in agreement.

Countdown till we blast open the top!

The floor suddenly disappeared from beneath them, and the four bandmates began to fall down gradually, taking their time screaming. Luke screamed the most, a high-pitched note left his throat as he grabbed onto the girl beside him for security. The other boys screamed too, but not as loud. Alex mainly cried his way down, thinking of the worst scenario that could play after they hit the ground. Ashton squealed a bit, but was used to the sensation of falling after all the trips to fairs she had been on with Bobby when they were younger.