Part 9: Things Changed

The performance was a triumph for them, their Fanclub members had significantly increased, Therefore, the cheer was unlike before.

They were in the changing room, getting ready to head back home.

Reuben picked up candy and onigiri wrappers and dumped them all in a trash bag. When his phone rang, Jiseo took a quick glance toward him.

His face turned pale when he saw the caller ID.

Yet, he still answered it.

"Hello? Yes, I'll be right there" Then, slid his phone back in his pocket.

All the other members were now staring at him.

"You guys go on, I need to see the CEO, Great job anyway" He said, and tapped Saejun's shoulder before disappearing through the door.

The old tv in his living room was the reason the dream of becoming a singer started, 12 years old Reuben constantly before it watching idols performing.

He wanted to be like them, wearing nice clothes, loved by people.

Reuben was 13 when he became a trainee. After going to an audition, his Mom accompanies him.

He'd promised his Mom that he'll pass the audition, and he passed.

He could not forget the joy and proudness in his mother's eyes when he got chosen.

Reuben would trade anything to see the expression again.

When he got debuted, it wasn't going where he wants them to go. He was stuck with his members in an unrecognized phase in the media.

And Jiseo's scandal floated, he could imagine his mom's disappointed face and did not want that.

Thankfully, his fate had changed, had changed for the best.

His mom will probably be smothered with proudness of him by that time.

Before Reuben knew it, he was before the huge dark wooden door, knocking gently, the CEO ushered him to come in.

The CEO's expression was different than Reuben's mother.

While his mother conjured a pure and sincere one, the CEO was filled with fake elation for Reuben.

"Please sit down, Reuben" The CEO, commanded nicely, unlike before. The "Please" was never in his dictionary.

Reuben sat down hesitantly.

"I know I've been very hard on you, and the reason I called you here is to say that I want to apologize"

The CEO adjusted his overly tight tie.

"All the things I said to you was to make you a better person, I treat you like how I would treat my child"

The apology felt insincere, yet Reuben did not want to let his mind follow the flow. He needs to be optimistic.

If the CEO was finally on his good side, Reuben can finally make his mother proud.

"So, I want to apologize to you, I know you've been working hard and taking care of the others, especially Jiseo with his overly wild behavior, so do you accept my apology?"

Reuben stared into his insincere eyes, those hurtful words and those cigarette's burn were all Reuben could see.

"I forgive you, Mr.CEO, thank you for taking care of me"

Reuben muttered.

The CEO nodded happily.

"You may go now, child. And please tell Saejun he got offered an endorsement by a cosmetic brand"

Reuben eyes went wide.

"I will tell him, he must be so happy when he hears this, thank you, Mr.CEO" Reuben got up and bow to the CEO, and left.

I will be introducing a new important character in the next chapter.😉

Thank you for reading my story.

Stay safe and healthy!