xv. the robby keene story

Start from the beginning

"B-but nothing, get out. You three clean the mats for the rest of the week." Johnny seethed.

Hunter rolled her eyes. "You can't make us-"

"Get out." He hissed.

Hawk and Hunter both bit their tongues and bowed in front of Johnny before leaving the storage room, passing Kreese on the way out. Hunter looked up at the man with anger. "This is your fault. You know? He's only acting like this because you showed up. " She said softly.

Kreese looked down at her with a sly smile. "He just forgot his roots for a bit. Then he remembered that he learned from the best." He hummed.

Hunter just scoffed and walked away, Hawk trailing behind her.  "He should've told us." Hawk muttered.

"Shoulda, coulda, woulda. He didn't." She grumbled as she went towards her gym bag. "I just hope there's a good reason for it." She said.

Hunter sat on Miguel's couch, his arm draped around her shoulders loosely as they watched a movie. Hunter could tell that Miguel was still peeved about the whole Robby and Johnny situation and she could see why. He and Johnny had become so close under the span of only two months. He was like a father to Miguel, something he needed and it hurt Hunter to see him that way.

"Hey." Hunter said softly, placing a hand on his cheek.

"Hm?" Miguel hummed.

"Are you alright?" She questioned, her voice laced with concern.

Miguel shrugged his shoulders. "I just wish he told us, or even just me." He said softly. "It's like he didn't trust me."

Hunter frowned. "If it makes you feel any better..." she trailed off. "Growing up I never saw Robby around here ever. Maybe it was hard for Johnny too." Hunter had been thinking over it. It was true, she never saw Robby ever before the tournament. Maybe it was just as hard for Johnny as it was for Miguel, maybe even more.

Miguel looked down. "I guess you're right." He muttered. "It still sucks." He looked up at her. Hunter frowned and rubbed his cheek gently with her thumb.

"I'm just glad you're here with me though. I don't know how I'd be reacting if you weren't here." Miguel said quietly, staring into Hunters eyes.

"I really like you, Hunter." He said softly. Hunter bit her lip gently, a small grin on her lips. "I really like you too, Miguel." She whispered.

Miguel let out a soft sigh as he studied Hunters face. Her eyes were such a beautiful shade of dark brown and her lips looked so smooth... so.. kissable.

Hunter could feel her cheeks heating up, she was blushing. "What?" She said softly.

Miguel just shook his head. "You're just really pretty is all." He whispered softly, his eyes never leaving hers. Hunter could feel herself leaning in, Miguel was as well.
Their lips were inches away from each other. Hunter could feel Miguel's breathe on her lips when suddenly a knock was heard throughout the small apartment.

Miguel sighed as Hunters hand fell from his cheek, the two pulled away from each other. "S-sorry." Miguel muttered before standing up from the sofa leaving Hunter to her lonesome.