2 - Melodious Flute

Start from the beginning

Quickly gaining composure you smiled and shrugged it off. You told her not to worry about it, and she never bothered to ask you again.

You must've caused a panic for her. After all, you looked like you were running for your life when you came to her. It's understandable she would show some concern towards you.

The two of you chatted in the lower balcony for a bit, along with some other people who were overlooking the view as well. And after a while, Xiangling decided to head out for the night into her room. You did the same, entering another room she reserved for you.

"Good night, Y/N!" Xiangling said before she entered her room. You smiled softly and waved back at the Bluenette, entering your own room at the same time.

You threw yourself into the bed, face-first on the sheets. It wasn't as comfortable as you thought it would be. The beds in the Inn seemed different to ones you used to lay down on in Inazuma. They seemed bigger but slightly harder.

Placing your belongings on a table nearby, you suddenly remembered how you arrived here in Liyue. Slowly, all of the memories you've experienced in this journey of yours started to play in your mind. Hiking the treacherous cliffs of Dadaupa Gorge, picking the beautiful Cecilia flowers by Starsnatch Cliff, journeying with Xiangling on her adventures, and recently meeting an Adeptus named Xiao.

You also never forgot the time where you met a man by the outskirts of Dragonspine. He was a refined looking gentleman, whose eyes shimmered like crystals and hair coloured like the bright sun. The man accompanied you to the entrance of Liyue. Several times, he had to save you from falling off cliffs with aid of his so-called "Alchemy". The trouble never bothered him though. In the end, you weren't able to catch his name. But if you ever met him again, you were sure to ask for it.

You can't help but smile at the moments you've made so far. The nice people you've met on your journey was astounding. You rarely met anyone who caused trouble for you.

Going on trips with Xiangling was something you never knew you would ever experience. And you can't forget the fact that you met an Adeptus. It all seemed very... unreal.

Inazuma was a lonesome nation. They closed off their borders to the rest of the world. And thus, preventing people from exploring the amazing wonders of other nations. You felt sad for the others living back there, but at the same time, you missed it back home. Everyone knew each other, so it seemed like everyone was one big family.

Right now, you're all alone. Everyone you knew was back at home, making memories with each other. While you on the other hand, made your own memories by yourself.

And it was at that point... you felt warm tears trickle down your cheeks.

"Huh...?" You voiced, bringing your fingers to come into contact with your face. You traced down your tears, still shocked at the fact you were crying over simple thoughts. Immediately, you wiped it all away.

You reassured yourself with the fact that you're not alone in this journey. You have Xiangling, the man who accompanied you, and also... Xiao.

"I guess... Everything is going to be alright." You said to yourself, clenching your chest in determination.

Suddenly, an idea popped in your head. In your mind, the thought seemed ideal but when it came to reality, you didn't think you would push through with it. You wondered to yourself if you'll be able to convince Xiangling to go through with that idea of yours.

That idea you thought of seemed worthwhile, but at the same time, it would be sad too. You decided to just tell Xiangling about it in the morning, hoping she would approve of it.