A Hazy Memory and the Fog of Distress

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

・・・ ・・・ ・・・

     "Everyone, minus the boy with two broken legs, is uninjured."  Naomasa states. 
     "All 19?  That's a relief."  Kayama breaths. 
     "...19?"  Naomasa echoes.  She gives him a cocked eyebrow and a slow nod.  "I... I only counted 18." 
     "We're missing a student?"  She asks softly. 
     "It seems like it."  Panic washes over her face.  Naomasa turns to the class and instructs them to go back to their classroom.  Asui asked about their teacher, which he reports isn't exactly great, but he should end up okay.  Ashido worried for Thirteen, but she was also being taken care of.  Naomasa quickly reassures them of All Might, as well.
     "What about Midoriya?!"  Iida asks hastily. 
     "Midori-  Oh, treatment in the nurse's office is enough for him, too."  He responds.  "Now, go back to your classroom." 
     "Um, detective?"  Ashido speaks up, gaining his attention.  "What about (S/N)-chan?  Where is she?" 
     "(S/N)?"  He asks back.
     "M-My friend, (S/N) (Y/N).  She's not here."  She glances around one more time just to make sure, but she was definitely missing.  "Is she okay?  She disappeared first when nobody was looking and none of us have seen her since, I don't think."  The class all glanced around, shaking their heads.  Not many really knew her well, but they would've recognized her at the least.  "She's... she doesn't have a quirk, so I'm really worried." 
     "She doesn't have a quirk?"  Naomasa asks with a hint of dread that he quickly tries to mask.  "I can't talk about her right now, but she'll be okay."  He lies.  

     Naomasa pulls the door aside, slipping in.  
     "Excuse me,"  He pardons.  "All Might, it's been a while."  
     "Tsukauchi-kun!  You're here, too?"  All Might gasps against his tightly bandaged stomach.  Midoriya laid in the bed next to him.
     "All Might!  Is it all right to show that form...?"  He questions.
     "Yeah, it's fine."  He turns to look at the young boy.  "Why?  Because he's Tsukauchi Naomasa, my best friend in the force."  He explains.
     "What's with that introduction?"  Naomasa laughs, approaching the bedside.  "Sorry to cut to the chase, but All Might, can you give me details about the vill-"
     "Wait!  Please, wait!"  All Might interrupts.  "More importantly, are all the students okay?  What about Aizawa-  Eraser Head... and Thirteen?"  His voice was as frantic as his heart.  
     "Other than that boy, only a few students had light injuries, and the two teachers are in stable condition for now,"  Naomasa tells, glancing between the both of them.  All Might nods and looks down with a happy expression.  
     "I see."
     "If you three heroes had not risked your lives, then the students would not have survived."  He states.
     "You're wrong about one thing, Tsukauchi."  All Might looks up, a spark in his eye that was gleaming brightly in the afternoon sun.  "The students also fought and risked their lives.  Have there ever been first-years who experienced a real fight so soon, survived, and learned of fear and the world of adults?  The villains did something dumb.  This class is strong.  They will become strong heroes.  I am certain of that."
     Naomasa smiles, but there's a nasty twist in his gut.  He didn't want to ruin this happy mood, but he had to tell.  He leans over.  "We're missing a student, though."  He whispers.  All Might's head jerks to look at him, that gleam now replaced with utter fear.  
     "What?"  He murmurs back.
     "We've only accounted for 19 students from this class for now.  We don't know how long it's going to take to find (S/N).  I'll keep you updated."  And with that, he went back to asking about the villains.