3: Pieces and Practices. ♥

Kaitlyn's POV

I sat on by my window, drinking my hot chocolate as I glance at my phone. It was raining today, so I was wearing my jacket with a blanket over me. I get really cold easily. After the concert, we head straight home. Meaning that I had no chance to talk to Niall.

Niall.

Niall James Horan ( my sister babbled the whole car ride) has been running in my mind. I mean, the way he sings, the way his eyes sparkle as he performs, the way he laughs, everything. On what i've observed at the concert, he plays a guitar, he likes to eat, and.. yeah, he likes to eat. And according to my sister, He was Irish. And I heard that Irish men are quite charmers. Well i guess his charms worked on me..

"Kaitlyn! Come here!" I hear my dad yell. I sighed. What did I do this time?

I jogged downstairs, clutching my jacket around my body as I did. I saw Dad standing there, with a guarded look in his eyes.

"Yes?" I asked quietly. He threw something at me as I caught it gracefully. I looked at Dad confused. What is this?

"I want you to learn that piece by Monday. You are going to perform it for a charity event that your Mother organized. Got it?" He said sternly. I nodded and walked towards the music room.

I flipped over the pages, I recognized the piece as Chopin's Raindrops from the Eternal Sonata. This was one of the most amazing piece that I've heard. Dad made me listen to it's soundtrack when I was 15 years old.

I sat on down on the bench, placing the music sheet in front of me as I started running my fingers on the keys. The piece's melody has this intensity but the same time it can be so relaxing and soothing.

After 2 hours, I managed to play the half of it flawlessly. I was proud of myself that I did this without that feeling. You know that feeling when you'd want to crawl inside a deep deep whole and be there forever. I know, I'm so dramatic. I played the piece one last time and smiled.

I heard a clap. I turned my head in surprise to see...

Mum?

"You're doing pretty good. I mean you only learned half of it in two hours." She said, sitting beside me as I sat there awkwardly. Mum was unusually nice which is quite weird. She pressures me like that but mostly she just watch dad lecture me.

"Uh, thanks.. I guess." I muttered, fiddling with my hands. I look at her beneath my lashes. My mum was pretty on her age. She looked like she didn't even aged a day but I have to admit, she can be pretty bitchy sometimes.

Silence.

Suddenly she started running her hands on the keys as I stare at her in shock. My mum knew how to play the piano? Wha- Ha- What? I recognized the piece as Kiss The Rain of Yiruma. Mum was pretty good. I didn't know she could play. I mean just, Wow.

She stopped and just stared at the piano. Suddenly she stood up and walked towards the door. Halfway out, she stopped walking and said,

"Keep up the good work. I'll be down stairs if you need me." With that she closed the door shut as I heard her footsteps going away. I was well, shocked by her actions. Then I realized something that made me smile.

Mum was proud of me.

------

A/N

Heyheyhey!

@Abibear IN THE HOUSEEEE! I'm very sorry that I updated this story quite late. I hope you like it though, It's kinda crappy to me. Well, I was busy with all the work, stories, and more.

OH! Hope you guys can check out my stories! Just go to my account and y'all see it there. :)

"A Smile is the best make up a girl can wear."

Disapperating, Abi. :) xxooxx