The brunette assassin refused to make eye contact knowing that it would shatter her heart more than killing her friend has done enough. And just like that, Katerina's hand made it around her friends neck and broke it. The loud snap echoed throughout the empty room as Katerina felt tears lining her eyes ready to spill at any moment. This was the first time she has cried in 15 years. 
Katerina felt something she has not felt in a long time, something that made her act out, rage.

The assassin quickly got up to her feet to come face to face with the tall woman. ''This was a set up, you knew that I would beat her yet you made her fight me. YOU MADE ME KILL HER FOR NO GODDAMN REASON, WHY?'' Katerina's second language overtook as she lashed out at Madame B.

''attachments mean weaknesses, if you are going to survive you need no attachments, you will thank me in later years. We are the reason that you have won every fight, we have given you everything! Now get out of my sight.'' Her harsh tone and carefully chosen words enraged Katerina. But she did nothing. she was not stupid enough to do something knowing it would likely lead to extreme torture or her death.

Katerina left the room quickly as she returned to get cleaned up.  She couldn't help but ponder on what Madame B said 'we are the reason you have won every fight'  what did she mean by it?
Katerina stopped frozen in her tracts as it snapped in her brain why. Before she knew it, her feet carried her all the way back to the training room where Madame B stood about to watch two other girls compete. The tall woman looked shocked and slightly amused by Katerina's burst in.

'' YOU EXPERIMENTED ON ME DIDN'T YOU?! THAT IS WHAT ALL OF INJECTIONS WERE, YOU USED ME FOR YOUR EXPERIMENTS'' Katerina had remembered overhearing some of the doctors and scientists  talking with Madame B about superhuman experimentation. ''THAT IS WHY IM STRONG AND FAST, ISN'T IT!''
The tall woman stood with her hands behind her back with an amused expression on her slightly withered face.

''Oh you are much more than fast and strong, Markova'' her voice was unnervingly calm, it sent chills down Katerina's spine.
Rage was an understatement for the emotion the assassin was experiencing at this very moment. Without realising, her body emitted an excessive amount of heat as fire shot out of her hands blasting around the training room. Shock waves of the explosion knocked the once tall woman to the ground. Before acknowledging that she had powers or that she had just blown up the training room, Katerina did something she never had the courage to do before.

She ran. 

Taking off out the doors at an inhumanly speed, Katerina made it out into the outside world only to find that the red room was in the middle of no where. With nothing but a road in front of her, Katerina allowed her legs to carry her as fast as she could go. Eventually stopping out of breath in the centre of a city.
Turning around she had no idea where she was, just that there were a lot of people around that seemed to be staring at her. They have every reason to be confused with her appearance being a one piece black suit with green accents running along the seams and green lines contouring at her curves, gun holsters at her thighs and boots containing knives at her ankles; she was dressed for combat. This certainly made her stand out in the crowd. One nice old woman smiled at her making her return it and walk up to the her to ask for directions
''Простите, где я? (Excuse me, where am I?)''

''Ты в Москве, милая, всё в порядке? (You are in Moscow, honey, is everything alright?)''

''Да, отлично, ты не против указать мне на ближайший аэропорт? (Yes perfectly fine, do you mind pointing me to the nearest airport)''

The old lady pointed on a map on the wall to the airport and Katerina nodded in thanks.
Being an assassin meant being able to get around without certain people catching onto them so Katerina always had a fake passport on her if she was ever asked to go undercover, ironic how the red room helped her get away for them without knowing it.
Katerina had to move quickly in order to get away before they caught on to where she was, so she made her way onto a plane that was going anywhere. And what place to hide from them than a big city? So that was where she was going, a big city: New York City.

Sitting on the almost empty plane gave her a lot of Time to think, 'was I going to be on the run for the rest of my life, what was it going to be like to get out and be free' and the biggest question of all, 'what am i to do with my powers?'

Authors note : i hope you enjoyed chapter 2 of 'outrunning the red room' i will try and get up another chapter tomorrow but it is likely that with all the overdue homework, my teachers are making it very difficult for me to have a life, ill probably be writing at like 2 am UK time so 🥲. Wish me luck on the piles of chemistry, biology, maths, art and physics homework that are al due tomorrow, or yesterday.

See you later <3
SM        xxx