Taking hold of El's arm, James attempted to drag her into a shop to take cover, only for their path to be blocked by another dark cloud of smoke landing in front of them.

They both ran in the other direction, still holding hands, firing spells where they could. People were screaming and running frantically, trying to find somewhere safe. El could see at least three bodies on the ground, not moving.

As quickly as it started, the dark clouds of smoke shot off into the air, leaving the street in an eerie silence. Noticing it was now safe, people reappeared from their hiding places, trying to find their loved ones.

"Padfoot," James said, looking around, "Where's Pads?"

El ran back up the road to where they'd been standing before, "Sirius?!" she continued to call his name, moving people out of the way to try find him.

James copied her actions, running through the crowds on people, "Prongs!" Sirius ran towards James and hugged him, "You're okay," he sighed in relief.

El was several metres behind, but ran up him them when she saw the scene, "Jesus Christ," El threw her arms around Sirius' neck.

"I usually go by 'Sirius Black', but anything works," he chuckled, "What the fuck just happened?"

"Death eaters," it was El who answered, "They're you know who's supporters," she was tucked under James' arm, who seemed scared she might disappear if he let go.

"Eleanor May!" Belvina Burke had reared round the corner of Knocturn Alley, "Right, you're not dead," they all noticed the considerable lack of relief in her voice.

James eyed the woman who he assumed was Eleanors mother. She had brown hair and grey eyes, a stern expression was mounted on her aristocratic features. His eyes widened when he realised he'd seen this woman before.

She pulled El out from under James' hold, "We need to get back," she said quickly with a firm grasp on her daughters arm.

James was now a lot more scared to let El out of his sight, "But-" he began.

Belvina put a finger up to silence him, "I don't know who you are, nor do i care," she turned to her daughter who's eyes were on the ground, "We're leaving," they took a few steps back before apparating away.

Aurors were now bustling around the scene, questioning people and checking injuries. "That woman," James spoke, his voice croaky and shaking.

"Belvina Burke, nasty woman," Sirius shivered, as if he was shaking something off his body.

James' eyes remained on the spot where the two Burke women had stood moments before, "She was El's boggart."

Sirius' eyes widened, he began to splutter questioning words, "Wha- how do you- what?!"

"We saw a boggart one night when we were patrolling, it was her i swear. El was terrified. And now she's living in a house with her... Oh my god!" James began to pace - something he often did when stressed. "She's gonna be living with her for two weeks! I can't believe i just let her leave! I should've done something, i should've-"

Sirius placed his hands on his best friends shoulders to get him to stop moving, "James theres nothing you could've done. El's a brave girl, i'm sure she can handle herself," he did his best to convince the boy. Although he was concerned himself, he knew that if he showed it, it would only scare James more.

***

"You were with blood traitors?!" Belvina screamed once they'd made their way to the same room as the first night. "I should've known you can't be trusted to be left on your own!" she used the same wordless spell to throw El at the wall.