17 - Under the Stars

"There's so much I want to show you, Marissa. I want to show you the stars and the moon and the ocean and everything in between. If you will have me."

I was almost in tears. Nobody had ever said anything like that to me before. "Brian, I can't ---"

He cut me off. "Shhhh baby, don't talk. Just lie with me and watch the sky."

We stretched out next to each other in the back of the truck. I couldn't believe how beautiful the meteor shower was. Brian took my hand and held it tightly. Then he leaned across and kissed me. He gives the best kisses!

It was like one of those super romantic movies. The kind that make you gag and think, life never happens like that. But kissing under the meteor shower was exactly like that.

He leaned over me, bringing one of his extra long legs between mine, grinding into me. I gasped at the sensation.

"Brian -" I started to speak, but he interrupted me.

"Shhh baby. It's ok. Let me make you feel good." He took one of my hands and held it down over my head. His other hand was playing in my hair.

"God, Marissa, what you do to me."

I giggled and said, "what Brian? What do I do to you?"

"Be quiet and just kiss me," he answered.

I was startled when a bright light was shown onto us. A policeman. Are you kidding me? A freaking policeman?

"Uh, folks, you are going to need to get going. We kept the park open to star gazers tonight, but it doesn't look like you are doing much star gazing."

I was so embarrassed, and my stupid self started giggling. Brian gave me "the look" and spoke in his perfectly posh London accent.

"Sorry, we did get a bit carried away, officer -?"

"Thomas," the policeman answered.

"Officer Thomas, right. We'll be going now. Just have to get my telescope."

"Hey I know you. You are in that British band. 'We Will Rock You' and all that."

"That's right," Brian answered. "We are called Queen."

"The wife dragged me to two concerts at Madison Square."

"Dragged you?" Brian quirked an eyebrow.

"I hate the city. Hate driving in the city. Drove to Poughkeepsie then got the train. Had to stay overnight because the wife had to see both shows. Could've made three mortgage payments with what that trip cost me."

"Sorry Officer Thomas. We don't control the ticket prices at the venues. Did you at least enjoy the show?"

"It was loud," the officer said. "The wife liked it. Keeping me out of the doghouse for a good while, I'll tell you that."

Brian looked around for his notepad. "Sorry Officer Thomas, I don't have any photos or albums with me, but leave your address and I will have all the guys sign something for her."

"She'd like that. I ain't telling her though. Secret weapon, you know?"

"Whatever works," Brian smiled. "What's your wife's name?"

"Sophie."

Brian wrote on his pad then tore off the sheet. He handed it to the policeman.

To Sophie, thanks for being a great fan. Brian May.

"Alright then folks, you need any help with that telescope?"

"No officer, we'll be on our way."

"Alright then, have a good night."