Nursery Design

Gabby's POV

After walking over to Matt, I looked at his phone to look at the nursery design he was thinking of. I looked at it and smiled, loving it. "I remember this job you did. It was right before I miscarried. I didn't know I was pregnant at the time though." Matt then wrapped his arm around me and sighed, kissing my forehead. "At least now, we get to use the design for Matteo."

I nodded and then went to rub his back before whispering to him. "I just wish you could wait a bit. I would like to do this together. He is going to sleep in our room for a while." He sighed before turning to look at me. "All I am doing is painting. We both know you hate the smell of paint. Also, that way we can do it slowly and not all at once."

I nodded, agreeing with him before wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head down on his chest. "I guess this is just a surreal experience and I want to experience it with you. We never got to make a nursery before and normally, you do it before you give birth. I guess seeing you do it alone makes me feel a little guilty."

Matt then kissed my forehead more, seeing I was in pain. "I never meant for you to feel that way. Is that why you want me to wait? So we can do it together like we would've..." I stopped before he kept talking and then nodded. "Matt, I know I can't change the past but....I can do some stuff with you that we would've done during my pregnancy. Do you mind?"

He nodded while rubbing my arms and then smiled at me, grabbing my hands before rubbing them. "Of course I understand. Listen, if Matteo is still asleep how about we go sit in the living room? I started a casserole that Cindy Hermann made for us. We can relax on the couch and watch some of your recordings."

I smiled when he said that. "Okay, but we need to stay quiet. We don't have a baby monitor yet so we have to keep the door open to our room." Matt nodded before going to set his paint brush down. He then grabbed my hand and smiled while shutting off the lights. "I'm going to order one on Amazon tonight. We can shop there and it can be here tomorrow."

I nodded and smiled. "Then maybe we should just do all of our shopping on there tonight. I know we have some clothes but, I want to pick some stuff out together. Think we can do that for our date night tonight? We can just relax on the couch and order stuff from Amazon?" Matt smiled as he looked at me. "Sure. Listen, go get the baby monitor...the foods' almost ready." I nodded before kissing his cheek. I then walked away to the room to grab the baby monitor.

At the same time, Matt walked towards the kitchen so that he could get the casserole out of the oven and get dinner ready for him and Gabby.