𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

     "Whatever." Ace held his cigarette between his lips and connected his phone to the car speaker. "What do you like to listen to, Hawk? Let me guess. Justin Bieber?"

     Mara smacked him on the arm and Ace rolled his eyes as his music started to play. Mara and Ace both bopped their heads to the beat as Hawk glared at Ace from the backseat.

"I got five on it, grab your four, let's get keyed
I got five on it, messin' with that Indo weed," Mara sang along with Ace.

     The curly-haired boy put the cigarette in her mouth and let her take another drag as he continued to sing. "I got five on it, it's got me stuck, and I'm tore back. I got five on it, partner, let's go half on a sack."

     They continued to sing to Ace's playlist until Mara pulled up at Tory's. The blonde girl wanted to come shopping with Mara to get her mother and brother something for Thanksgiving. She didn't have a lot of money, but since her mother wasn't doing so well she wanted to surprise her.

     Tory hopped in the backseat, nodding at Hawk and turning to the two in the front seat. "Who's this?"

     Ace pulled down his sunglasses and turned around to her. "Who are you?" He looked her up and down and smirked. "Name's Ace. What's yours beautiful?"

     Mara smacked his hand away. "Off-limits." She turned to Tory who gave her a questioning look. "He's a man-hoe, don't pay him any attention."

     Ace took another drag of his cigarette. "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

     "I'll hate both," Hawk said from the backseat and Ace turned to glare at him.

Mara looked at Tory and shook her head. "Just ignore them."

"Was already planning on it."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

     "You know, I used to wonder what it felt like to be in love, but now I don't have to wonder anymore." Ryan stood in the kitchen as he helped his Aunt start to cook their Thanksgiving meal.

     "Mhm. And who's the lucky boy?"

     Ryan whipped his head around to look at her. "How did you know I was talking about a boy?"

     "You didn't actually think I would believe you were straight, right? It's painfully obvious, Ry."

     Ryan looked down confused and continued cutting up some vegetables. "There's no way I'm that obvious."

      Aunt Vera looked at him. "When you were 13 you cried to me because a girl kissed you on the cheek."

     "That doesn't mean anything. Every thirteen-year-old thinks girls have cooties."

     "Whatever you say. Make sure you cut those smaller."

Ryan nodded. "So grandpa is alive."

Vera dropped the empty bowl in her hands and turned to Ryan. "What did you say?"

"Grandpa Kreese is alive. He gives me the weirdest vibes. He has this creepy bond with Mara and she's gone completely psycho. Like I heard Kyler complaining in school the day before break. Apparently, Mara pulled his arm out of socket and then popped it back in because he made her angry.
Oh, and you remember the kid across the street?"