II. Arranged Marriage With My Sister's Best Friend.

Manik was sitting in his room pondering over the puzzle his mother gave to him.

Few minutes ago he was at his mother's room where he came to know that Nandini's father called that evening and expressed his desire to get them married. And to his surprise his mom also had the same wish.

Nandini ,his elder sister Divyanka's best friend, is a reserved and a beautiful girl. She is ambitious and a very practical girl who has a strange ability of reading other's mind and a deep knowledge about the world. Whereas he is disciplined and fun loving guy who prefer to keep his feelings hidden which make appear "selfish" to the world.

Nandini met his sister at college and since then they were inseparable. She had become part of their family. Manik was always strangely attracted to her due to her maturity but never chose to accept his feelings.

He was deeply hurt and broken from inside when her childhood love and girlfriend Aliya left him years ago. All thinks that he had moved on but that pain was still in his heart. That incident had hardened him.

At present, he was thinking of his breakup and proposal of getting married to Nandini. He was very unsure and felt that he was not ready for marriage. When suddenly his phone rang... it was Nandini's call

Nandini in a nervous tone , " Hi Manik.. ".

Manik sensing nervousness in her tone and trying to act normal, "  Hii Nandini.. how r u?? how was your trip?? Are u coming tomorrow??It has been days we have not seen you.. Look I need your help to prepare my presentation..you promised you would.. ".

Nandini cleard her throat , " Manik I...I just don't know from where to start... ".

Manik Asked Sighing, "  What happened Miss Drama Queen?? ".

Nandini Started nervously, " M...Manik listen to me.. my Dad called your mom this evening...I just don't know how to react..Believe me I knew nothing about it.... I don't know from where this idea came into my dad's mind??Believe me u Don't need to worry.. u can say no to this proposal without any hesitation.. ".

After an awkward silence....

Manik in a serious tone Asked, " what would be your response if I say YES?? ".

Nandini was shocked but nevertheless  replied, "  I...I...I..Don't know.. ok I call you tomorrow. ".

She disconnected the call..He understood that she was not expecting this answer from him..By the way, he also did not expect this answer from himself..He could not explain himself why he said so to Nandini and when did he make up his mind to say YES!!??

****

Next day when he came home he found Nandini laughing and gossiping with his mom and sister.

They both were trying hard to act as if nothing happened last night..

When she found him alone

Nandini said , " Listen Manik.. I have decided.. I am ready to spend my life with an Idiot.. ".

Manik smiled and blushed a little said in a very serious tone , " Are u sure??I hope you have taken this decision without any hurry or pressure.. ".

NANDINI nodded and said , " This applies to you too..Are u ready?? ".

Manik replied, " Hmm..yes I think I am.. ".