Untitled Part 4

Dimitri'POV

The problem with some nightmares is that sometimes you wake up and find your living it.

When I had woken from my night terror and looked into Rose's scared eyes I was horrified that I still felt the same painful hunger for her blood that I had felt in her dreams.

I didn't want to kill her, I knew that. I had never been so in love with anyone in my entire life. But even now as I lay there with her in my arms, sleeping peacefully, I couldn't keep my eyes off the delicate pulse of her neck that was illuminated in the moonlight.

Gently I reached out and traced my fingers along the vein, shuddering when I felt the faint jagged scars from the bites my strigoli self had left on her more then a year ago.

What was happening to me? I hadn't felt these urges since lissa had restored my soul and I had turned into a normal d'ampire once again. But now, I neither felt d'ampire or strigoli, I had no idea who I was.

All I knew is that I could not hurt rose, not again.

Using every ounce of training I had,i stealthily slid out of bed and into my clothes.careful not to wake rose as I snuck out of the room.

As I made my way down the hall to Lissa's sweet someone rounded the corner. He stopped In his tracks when he saw me, his hand half raises to light his cigaret, I judged by the look on his face he was just as pleased to see me as I was him.

"Adrian" I said curtly, nodding as I made my way to walk by him

"Belikov" he replied icily

We had just about reached our respective ends of the hall when my emotions gripped me and I spun around.

"Stay away from Rose" I said "she has enough to work through without you messing with her head"

Adrian smirked, butting his cigaret on the ground

"Little d'ampire can take care of herself" he said, his eyes cold "and I would re-evaluate myself before saying anything about me messing with her head if it were you"

Before I realized it I was down the hall and in his face, my hand around his neck. Adrian had dropped his cigaret and had his fangs bared.

"Do not lecture me about Rose" I growled "and stay out of my way"

"Or what." Adrian hissed "you'll rip my throat out with those fangs?"

I stiffened

"What are you talking about?" I demanded "I don't have fangs"

"Oh I beg to differ" Adrien said "by the looks of those beauty's you could probably take my head clean off"

Releasing him, I turned and stumbled to the mirror that hung on the wall across from me, gasping when I saw that in fact my canines had lengthened to deadly points.

"Belikov?"

Adrian had come up beside me, this time cautiously.

"I don't know whats happening" i gasped, suddenly crippled by fear "This has never hapened before"

"What else has been happening?" Adrian asked, glarring at me. When i didnt answer he gripped my shoulder and shook me hard.

"Damn it Dimitri whats happening!" He exclaimed

Adrian's POV

Dimitri looked like someone had just stolen his soul, and from what i had just seen, i wondered if they had. Dimitri's normally annoying tan skin had turned a sickly white and his eyes were wide and blood shot, his hands trembled as he tried to cover the fangs that had miracoulsy sprung from his mouth.