Chapter 1: The loss of offspring.

It all started from a car accident. My dad was a policeman driving home on the freeway when he hit and unknown "object" and crashed in the forest. He survived but rumors had it that he was lost in the forest and starved. Others were that he was eaten by zombies. Soon it was proved that zombies did it. My name's North and it all started one morning when I woke up to screams outside. I run downstairs and see my mom in horror. I look where she's looking, the window, and scream. "W-what are those?!" she exclaims. "Z-Z-ZOMBIES!!" I scream and grab my mother's hand. "Go to the attic and I'll grab as much food and drinks as I can!" I let go of her hand and run into the kitchen to see more zombies in our backyard. "It's worse than I thought!" I say to myself. I grab food and water and put them in a bag. I run toward the attic but stop and grab my katana off the wall in my room. "I will probably need this..." run back to the attic and climb up. "Mom?" I look around in see her in the corner, crying. "Oh mom," I mutter softly," don't worry. I've prepared for this since dad died..." I touch her shoulder and sit next to her. "You're safe, I'm armed." Hears glass break below and shivers. "T-they k-killed him, didn't t-they," she manages to say under shaky breaths. I nod and grip my katana. "We can't stay here for long..." I say just as I hear a bang on the attic door. I quickly unsheathe my katana as I mutter, " Stay behind me..." She shakes and nods as the hinges finally fail and the zombies start limping in. I quickly run after them and attack, aiming for their heads. But it wasn't enough. They seemed to walk right past me, and at that moment, it seemed like time froze. All I could make out is the screams of my mother and the salty taste of my mouth. The world started spinning and before I blacked out, I saw my mom run out screaming my name and crying.
//A|N sorry it's short but I hope you like it! :3//