Part 36 ~ A Star is Born?

Start from the beginning

Megan takes a seat, rolling her eyes, giggling.

"Yes, if you want. I kinda wanna hear some more"

"OMG, what song do you want me to sing?"

"Whatever you want"

"Wow, give me a few minutes . . umm . . I'm shaking, can you see?" Ashley shows me her hands. "Would you please just pick a song and sing already?" Megan adds. 

"Alright . . umm . . she's out of my life . . . she's out of my life . ."

Ashley proceeds to sing the first half of the song and then stops, blushing all over and putting her hands over her mouth. "I can't believe you listened to me sing, it made me nervous, like, you looked right at me, you listened, you heard me sing, I can't believe you did, like, this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, like how many people get to do this? God must like me extra special today! . . wow, like . . did you like it? You probably didn't . . I don't know, I just get so nervou-"

"I really liked it . . you have a beautiful voice, Ashley . . that voice could get you places"

"Wow . . are you serious?"

"Yes . . totally"

"Thank you, Michael . . this means the world to me and so much more"

"You're welcome"

~ Megan's point of view ~

It's almost midnight . . Ashley left after her "audition". 

I wrap my arms around him and kiss him. "Thank you for being so sweet to Ashley. She really does love to sing and she admires you so much"

"Being sweet? I was just honest"

"Y-You mean, she can really sing? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like her voice, she's great . . but did you really like it? . . I mean, coming from you, it definitely must mean something"

"I really liked it . . she's great"

"Wow . . d-do you think you can . . like . . help her out? get noticed or something?"

"I can't think of a reason why I shouldn't . . I'd be happy to help her get started"

"She'll freak out . . . literally"

____________________________

A FEW DAYS LATER

____________________________

We're in Michael's studio. Ashley is going to record a part of a song that Michael wrote for her. They're actually going to record a freakin' song together . . how crazy is this? My best friend and Michael Jackson are singing together . . wow. I'm so happy for her. She does have a great voice and it'd be a shame to not do anything about it. 

Michael puts ear phones on her and on himself and they get started. I'm outside, watching them through the glass wall. The look on her face . . I'm about to cry. Michael is so incredbly sweet.

An hour in, we get interrupted by someone opening the door to the studio. I knew this day couldn't get any better . . well, it was a really great day until this very moment. Bill Bray enters the studio taking a quick look at Ashley and Michael. They haven't noticed him yet.

"So . . you planning on becoming a star, too? . . waiting in line for your turn to audition?"

"Funny . . really funny, Bill"

"So we're on first-name bases now?" He asks, folding his arms. 

I just shake my head. 

"Who's the woman in there with him?"