albedo

[000]

''kings, queens and non-binary royalty, I give to you: him.''
''royal duties''
AU: You're royalty and Albedo and Sucrose are your personal scientists.
Princeps Cretaceus-Chalk Prince
fluff, small teeny tiny spice
TW: none 
[archive, revised]

[NAME] STRUT INTO THE hallway where Albedo's laboratory was located, feeling extremely tired and bored from the overwhelmingly mundane royal duties they had to deal with. After all, being an heir to a throne was difficult. Duties were quite stressful and bothersome. Not only that, their family is very demanding; the want for them to be perfect was being pushed way too far for their liking. "Oh, [name], how is your future spouse going to love you with a temper like that? You know your father and I only ever want the best for you." Their mom was very passive-aggressive in their opinion. No, mom, you only want the best for the kingdom and that stupid reputation of yours.

But, of course, [name] thought a scientist's duties were just as tedious. Even more so when their family demands much of them as well. Albedo and Sucrose were [name]'s personal scientists, so they could get away with not doing a few things a little more. But, this meant that her mother and father abused their power and allowed for little to no breaks.

They knocked on the two large doors to his laboratory, ecstatic to see him. Besides the normal palace maids, he was the person they were closest to. They always got each other out of tight situations when it came to getting into so-called "trouble" according to [name]'s parents. And although their mother wasn't very pleasant, their father was even worse.

"You did...what? And with a measly scientist, no less."

"[name], if this 'Albedo' keeps, somehow, showing up when you're in trouble, I will no longer see it as a coincidence and take the necessary precautions to keep you acting like a future [king/queen/ruler]."

"This behavior is not tolerable. Do not make me get rid of that scientist to keep you in line."

They waited, wondering why Albedo hadn't opened the door. Normally, he'd open the door smiling for them. He's been busy. Soon they realized he must be much too caught up in his work to allow for opening the door for their royal highness. They shrugged, Everyone has their responsibilities. They knocked, announcing themself this time.

"Albedo? It's [name], may I enter?"

They waited for his response before doing any more. A calm but muffled voice answered. "My apologies, your majesty, please come in,"

They smiled and opened the door squinting and blinking in response to the light that scurried out of the laboratory. Once their eyes adjusted to the light they took in the full view. Glasses, papers, and all sorts of contraptions littered the tables, counters, and cabinets present in his laboratory. Then their eyes landed on none other than Albedo. He seemed to be busy pouring a liquid from a canister into a beaker while also taking notes. Once the canister was empty, he placed it down and watched the beaker for a few seconds. He nodded in contempt at who knows what, and then started sorting through his research.

[name] turned around to close the door of Albedo's laboratory and walked back toward Albedo. He glanced up at [name], light circles rounded on the bottom of his eyes. They frowned at the sight.

"Albedo, please do take a break sometime, the amount of work you're doing is taking a toll on your body — it's quite obvious." [name] thought back to when her father had ordered Albedo to 'work harder.' He doesn't know anything about a scientist's work; results don't just appear immediately. Because of his order, Albedo starts multiple experiments at a time to get results faster. "My father can be so troublesome at times, not worrying about anyone besides himself," [name] placed their hand on Albedo's shoulder, a form of reassurance.

Albedo gave a weak smile. "Thank you, my [lord/lady/liege], but an order is an order," His voice grew quiet. "You know that better than anyone."

[name]'s feelings of ambivalence grew. Worry and fury clouded their mind — while also seeming to take over their ability of rationality. Even though they were angry, they coated their words in a fake calmness. "Albedo, I understand that I wouldn't stand a chance against him in an argument — he always abuses his power — but he should take into account how overworked you are and how you feel," [name] paused, contemplating their next words carefully. "Your mental health is more important than any form of research — know that." They lifted their other hand onto his shoulder and stared him down. "I need you to say it for me — give me reassurance that you know."

He looked at them, gears turning in his head. He sighed softly. "I know."

They smiled at him. "Good," they pulled him into a hug. He tensed at first, but relaxed, heaving a sigh. His arms snaked around their back, lowering down to rest just above their waist. He let his head fall down onto their shoulder, his breath fanning over it. "Thank you," he mumbled. They stayed in that position for a few more seconds until he pulled away, smiling gently.

They hummed in content, smiling. The realization that he needed to get back to work allowed their smile to slowly fade away. "You should get back to your experiments, should you not?" They questioned, furrowing their brows. "I can leave if you like." They looked away from him in thought.

He grabbed their wrist, making them leave their world of thought. With his other hand, he lifts their chin up, locking eyes with them. His turquoise eyes, unblinking, stare at [name], clouded with emotion. He pulls them closer to him until his breath fans their face. Their body heat mixes together, allowing a feeling of homeliness. His eyes flutter closed, and his face creeps towards theirs and they mimic his movement.

Their lips meet and the temperature in the room seems to skyrocket. They pull each other closer with a growing feeling of need and soon their tongues mix. The passion they felt for each other seemed to multiply and their actions grew erratic. Albedo pulls away and his eyes cloud with lust. He starts to attack their neck with love bites and [name] moans —

BOOM!

[name] and Albedo pull away from each other's grasps, breathing heavily but quickly inspecting the noise. At the door stands Sucrose, Albedo's assistant. They can't imagine what would've happened if Sucrose hadn't interrupted. Sucrose flushed red in embarrassment. She managed to stutter out an apology. "Oh no, I interrupted something important, didn't I? Please get back to kissing, I'm sorry!" She started to ramble in worry. "Oh no, oh no, oh no! They must hate me now... It would've been better if I didn't slam the door open, wouldn't it?"

[name] and Albedo grew red from the latter comment. [name] spared a glance at Albedo, watching with close eyes as he covered his reddened face with his gloved hand.

He clears his throat, trying to regain his composure. "Sucrose, it's fine," He looked at the door that almost went unhinged. "If you slammed the door open, I'm sure you have an important announcement."

Sucrose's face grows worried. She glanced at [name] then back at Albedo. [name] tensed, but spoke. "I suppose it is time for me to leave, science never waits." They smiled at both of them, making a mental note to talk to Albedo about whatever that was. Unconsciously, they pull the hem of their top up.

They starts to walk towards the door but pauses when Albedo grabs her wrist. He leans in — and for a second [name] thought he was going to kiss them — and whispers something in their ear with a smirk. "We can continue later."

fin.