1 - Fulfilled Dreams

Start from the beginning

You always had answers to her questions, and in return, she would always have answers to your questions too. This little friendship between the two of you grew to be one you would cherish overtime.

After a tiring day, you and Xiangling decided to stay by Wangshu Inn. You accompanied her with Herb picking for her new dishes that day, and she would also show you around the rural parts of Liyue. You two arrived at the topmost balcony of the Inn, overlooking the scenic view of the Mountains and Plains.

"Ahhh... I'm tired." She sighed aloud, resting her arms on the wooden railing. "You know, even though it's just been a few days, I feel like we've become good friends." She smiles at you.

You nodded in response "Honestly, I'm just happy I made a friend."

She giggled at your words, but you knew she took it to heart. Xiangling was an honest person, very humble and kind towards others. There were only a few people in the world who were like her.

"Oh yeah," She perked up "I think I remember you talking about the Adepti once..."

You tilted your head in question "Yeah? What about the Adepti?" You wondered; she could have more information about these beings. Even information you never gained from the books you've read. Clearly, your fascination about them surely showed, even to her.

"I remember... there was a small rumour about an Adeptus resting here," She said as she gestured the balcony itself "I think it was this same balcony."

You blinked your eyes rapidly in confusion. "An Adeptus? Residing here? By a simple Inn?" You doubted in your mind.

"Really?" You questioned. She hummed in thought, as if she was hesitant of her words. Though, she came to a conclusion and nodded briefly, "Yes, I think it was about a young boy or something..."

"Though, I don't really remember an Adeptus who's like that." She stated.

"Huh..." you said in your mind. A young boy who is an Adeptus...? that sounded very odd even for you. From all the books you've read, Adepti were old and ancient beings. So a young boy wouldn't fit into that category.

"Perhaps, it's really just a rumour..." you dismissed. Xiangling gave it a thought for a quick second and nodded back in response.

She got up and made her way towards the exit of the balcony. "We better get a room for ourselves," she told you "I don't think we can make it back to the Harbor in the night."

You followed after her, but came to a stop near the door of the balcony. A sudden feeling overcame you... it was like you're being watched. A small bit of static coursed through you. It was probably due to your Electro Vision aiding you with help.

Your Electro Vision would sometimes send little sparks through you, acting like a warning device of sorts. So when you felt a slight shock, you immediately got your guard up for danger.

Xiangling was already out of your sight when you looked back inside. She was probably busy with booking a room. But curiosity got the better of you, and you decided to stick by the balcony for a short while.

"Who's there?" You called out "I... I know you were watching."

Readied hands gripped the handle of your sword. You prepared to unsheathe it if there was a need for battle. You were always one to trust your feelings, and this time, it wouldn't prove you wrong.

A flash of Anemo caught your eye. And it was then, you would come face to face with a young man whose eyes were as gold as the sun's.

He stared at you, and you stared back. The more you looked into his eyes, the more you felt entranced by it. But as beautiful as it looked, for some reason, you felt a deep sadness in it.

"You." The young man called.

You jumped slightly, his voice sounded slightly harsh, but also distant at the same time. He seemed scary, and that's what your first impression was.

"Was it it, mortal?" He hissed at you.

Mortal... who was this man? He called you a mortal, but there's no other reason to call another one mortal. Unless they're...

"A-Are you..." you awkwardly questioned "Are you an... Adeptus?"

He chuckled slightly, you didn't know if he did that in a mockingly manner or not. He narrowed his eyes at you, and it became somewhat colder.

"How are you not aware about me?" He said as he crossed his arms "Are you not from here? Or are you just stupid?"

Even though you just met this man, you already feel like dying from all the words he spat at you. You just stood there frozen, feeling speechless as the young man continued to send cold looks. Taking a deep breath, you managed to mouth a single sentence....

"I'm from Inazuma..." you stated promptly.

As soon as you said that, you could've sworn you saw his eyes widen ever so slightly. Perhaps, he was genuinely surprised to see an Inazuman citizen wandering around in Liyue.

"I see..."

"My name is Xiao."