Dalton's Fall From Grace

Dalton Academy wasn't all glits and glamor. Despite having the highest grade point average in the entire state, having a clean record, and being known for it's "No Bullying Policy," the scandels Dalton had found itself in gobbled up their clean record like cookie monster during a fast.

After years of bragging about exclusive parties, late-night skinny dipping in the academy's 40 feet long pool, and blacked out drunk college acceptance celebrations, the secrets were finally leaked and the boys at Dalton couldn't be more embarrassed. Most of them had no clue their friends were getting nakey with girls from Crawford Country Day in the pool. Some of them even resented their friends for ruining their look as a school, and as a student body. But most of them stayed quiet, vowing to never wear the blue and red blazor off campus.

When news got out like that, it spread like wild fire through gossip blogs and student run gossip channels. Soon enough, word caught on, and students were plucked from the school like tiny ants. Secret clubs got leaked to the public and those were disbanded, along with performing arts clubs like Glee, choir, and band. It was time for Dalton Acedemy to build from the bottom, taking advantage of the little sports teams they had left.

The boys were devistated. Mourning the loss of tradition was harder on them than they would ever admit. None of them wanted to say a word because none of them liked what was happening to their school -- they couldn't do anything. The Warblers turned to ashes right in front of their very eyes, and they watched with horror as the choir room got stripped and made anew. The room turned into another empty classroom -- which the school used to look more professional.

The students no longer took pride in going to such a prestigious school. Instead, they were ashamed to even carry around a custom duffel bag with the emblem on it for gym. They hated what the school had become and it was all thanks to a couple of snobs who couldn't keep their dicks in their pants.

But not everyone was as affected by the sudden blow as bad as The Warblers were...

Wes Montgomery still carried a gavel around for the off chance he need it for an impromptu trial.

Nick Duval and Jeff Sterling held hands in the halls like they were welded there forever.

David Thompson was found crying in the janitor's closet one evening, and then the evening after. He said it was just allergies.

Trent Nixon and Thad Hardwood practically loss both their thumbs to the game of chess they'd been playing for a week straight. No one wanted to intervene.

Everyone had their quirks, and they were managing in their own way, but there were only two boys who found it harder to focus than their peers. With the moon barely peeking out, they both sat in the library. They looked over old Year Books in hopes to raise their spirits.

The last thing Kurt wanted to do was look through yearbooks he wasn't even in, but for the sake -- and sanity -- of his best friend, he helped Blaine flip through the thick pages.

"Oh!" Blaine cheered. He pointed to a picture on the far left of the page, "That's when Thad and David reinstated The Warbler Court!" He told Kurt. His eyes were filled with enjoyment, and Kurt could tell he'd made the right decision by accompanying him to the library.

"Reinstated?" Kurt said, "You mean it wasn't there when you joined; no one to judge you?"

Blaine shook his head. When he thought about it, it did kind of seem unfair. But he didn't tell Kurt that. He believed Kurt was the most talented person in The Warblers (when it was still a thing) and, like most of his friends, he was trying to keep from saying anything about it.

"Do you think they'll give us back Glee once this is all over?" Kurt asked. It was a question both of them were thinking.

"The question is: would we go back to glee if they gave it to us?"

Kurt had to think about it for a second. The time he had with Blaine and The Warblers felt like a hazy dream. For all he knew, he was still living that. All he could think about was what it would be like to be anywhere else with Blaine -- outside of school. He hadn't ever though about what would be like to go back to glee after they were forced to leave.

After a minute, Kurt shrugged, "I've never thought about it that way. I just thought maybe it would go back to normal?" He said. "I've witnessed The Warblers turn to literally The Garglers in less than a month, who knows how hard it would be to get back together?"

They flipped through more of the Yearbook, finding treasure after treasure. When they landed on The Warblers page, they both went silent. It was like finding the pamphlet to a relative's funeral in a drawer. Like they were respecting the dead then silently moving on.

Blaine flipped the page once, landing on The Fairy Club page. Ironic enough, The Fairy Club wasn't about fairies, or rainbows. In fact, The Fairy Club only used to be known for those things. Nowadays they're known for being the biggest puzzle piece to Dalton's fall from grace.

Kurt and Blaine gave one look at the teen's lining the paper before shutting the book completely.

"I think I'm done memory chasing for today." Blaine said. "Are you up for a late night coffee date in my room?" He smirked.

Kurt laughed, playfully punching his friend on the shoulder. "We room together, Blaine."

"What? A boy can't daydream about having no roomie?" Blaine joked, reciprocating the punch. He stood up to put the Yearbook away when something caught him off guard. A humming coming from one of the backshelves peeked Blaine's interest, and he was already gone before he could hear Kurt calling for him.

"Not when your 'roomie' is your best friend!" Kurt shouted after him. His face dropped when Blaine disappeared behind a shelf. "Blaine?" He called out.

There was no answer.

"Blaine?"

When there wasn't any response, Kurt got up from his seat, searching the back shelves for clues of where Blaine went.

"Blaine? Where'd you go?" He whispered. The shelves towered over his head, but he could still see the shadow of a gelled helmet ducking into the next aisle over. "C'mon, this isn't funny anymore. Where are you?"

Blaine was sure he heard humming coming from this shelf. He was in the Historical section of the library, and everywhere he walked, he heard a constant humming in the back of his head. Everytime he got close, it would stop.

"Oh there you are, you bastard!"

"Shhh!"

"No, you left me at the table--"

Blaine turned to Kurt, putting a finger up to his lips. Kurt raised an eyebrow, but he stayed quiet. Blaine wondered if he had heard the humming as well, but his answer soon came when the humming started back up again.

"What's that noise, Blaine? You don't think one of the students snuck a girl in here, do you?" Kurt sounded disgusted. Without talking, they both knew neither of them wanted that to be true.

Blaine lowered his voice and made sure Kurt knew to do the same. "I don't know, but it's what I've been following," he said, looking around the Historical section with wide eyes.

"This place reeks of old age," Kurt whispered. "Let's ditch before we get the black death."

Blaine didn't have time to protest. Kurt wasn't letting him stay, and the humming that was once drumming in the back of his ear stopped a few seconds before -- as if to make fun of him. Reluctantly, Blaine put the yearbook back and followed Kurt to their dorm. At least he had something to look forward too: late night talking with his friend.

But that wouldn't be the last time they would be at the library...