Worrying for the one I love

A whiskey glass slammed on the counter, the sound of the rinkling remainders of ice echoed through the quiet bar. "Another one," Kotetsu demanded. "You sure about that? It's your third already" Antonio asked concerned. "I'm fine, leave me be" Kotetsu groaned. Antonio shrugged. "Suit yourself then." The two men sipped quietly at their drinks. Antonio hoped Kotetsu would talk about what bothered him, but he knew that when it came to something really personal, Kotetsu bottled it up. Otherwise he would whiningly complain, something that amused Antonio more often than not.

Kotetsu said nothing, finished his drink and paid. "I'm going home" he said and got off the high chair. "You can talk to me you know, when something is bothering you" Antonio said giving him an all knowing side glance. Kotetsu nodded. "I know. Good night." "Good night."

Kotetsu walked home, in the dark of the night he thought back to the events of today. Another attack from Lunatic, nothing new, but Kotetsu wasn't there with his head today. The blue flames had hit him, his suit protecting him from the burns, but not from the fall of the building. A worried Barnaby caught him just before he hit the ground and Lunatic disappeared.

Barnaby's helmet opened to look Kotetsu in the eye, his eyes almost teary. Kotetsu opened his helmet respectively. "You got to be more careful old man!" Barnaby cried.
"I'm alright Bunny, '' Kotetsu spoke softly. Barnaby looked at him a bit longer before putting him down. "That's good." An awkward silence had followed. "I suppose Lunatic escaped once more" Barnaby sighed. They returned their hero suits, nothing to do about it now anymore, chasing after Lunatic was a pointless endeavor. "Are you sure you're alright?" Barnaby asked one last time before they parted ways. "Yes of course, this old man can handle more than you think, don't worry so much Bunny!" Kotetsu laughed. 

Kotetsu arrived home, once indoors he let himself fall on the couch with a long sigh. "I'm the senior, I should be worrying about him, not the other way around. Why does he worry so much about me, he didn't do that before, he's treating me differently than before and I don't like it" he pouted. 

Kotetsu sighed once more. "If my powers hadn't declined I wonder if he'd be as worried about me." Suddenly the phone rang. Kotetsu picked up. It was his mother. "Kotetsu, I saw your fight on tv, are you alright?" She asked, concerned. "You're worried too huh?" Kotetsu muttered "Of course I am, you're my son and I love you" she said. "What do you mean too? Did you make someone else worry about you again?" "Just Bunny, he's treating me like something fragile ever since he found out my powers have declined." Kotetsu explained. "Hmm well it's a reason for him to worry, but he'll get used to it, give it some time." "Thanks mom and I'm fine by the way." "I assumed so," his mother said. "Try and get some rest, goodnight." "Goodnight mom," Kotetsu replied and hung up the phone. 

"A reason for him to worry, almost sounds like she suggested he has more reason to do so" Kotetsu wondered. Too tipsy to think any further on it Kotetsu went to bed. He dreamed of Bunny, worrying about him again, but now his mother's voice echoed in the background as Bunny held him, almost crying. "I worry about you, because I love you." Bunny leaned away and looked Kotetsu in his eyes. "You know I always worry about you" he said and leaned in for a kiss. This dream was taking a stranger turn than Kotetsu's liking, but somehow he couldn't wake up. Dream Bunny kept kissing him, arms around him not planning to let go any time soon. 

Kotetsu sat up as he awoke from his strange dream. He had looked at Bunny in similar ways or even more intense than in his dream before, but never believed the feeling could be mutual. After all, what would such a popular guy want from a lame old man? Kotetsu believed he'd awoken from his dream by himself, but it was in fact a hero's call to action. He quickly got up, worked himself in his hero suit and already spotted Bunny outside waiting for him on their motorcycle. "Took you long enough" Barnaby said snarky. Just looking at him made Kotetsu embarrassed, so he left his retort to himself.