28. Slow

Tendou stared out in the lobby, swinging his feet. "Mm… I can use the phone now, right?"

"Mhmm." The lady at the front desk gave him the phone. "You excited to get to go home?"

"Mhmm." Tendou sighed. "Suga or Bub…"

He waited a moment before calling Sugawara. "Um… Koushi Sugawara… well. Wait. Am I supposed to say Samuwara yet…"

"No not yet Suga."

"TENDOU!"

Tendou had to pull the phone away from his ear, startled. "Jesus Christ. Yes it's me."

"Are you okay?!"

"Yeah can you pick me up? Ushy would drive recklessly and could get hurt. Bring him if you tell him."

"Ah okay. Thanks! I'll see you in like… ten minutes. He's taking a nap right now."

"He let you in? Aw he's doing even better!"

"Yep!"

"Awesome. I'll see you later."

When Suga did get there, a very, very excited Ushijima was with him, stimming and ticking faster than Tendou had ever seen.

"Bub!"

"Satori!" Ushijima wrapped Tendou in a bear hug. "I missed you so much!"

"Aw I missed you too!" Tendou kissed the side of his head. "Whew…"

Ushijima hugged him tighter. Sugawara smiled. "I'll go get the car."

As soon as he walked away Ushijima relaxed a bit. "I love you…"

Tendou tensed before smiling. "I love you too Ushy…" Ushijima pulled away. Tendou held his face in his hands, smiling. "I love you so much."

Ushijima hummed.

Tendou led him outside, waiting for Sugawara. Ushijima held his hand, still faintly smiling. "When we get home I'm gonna give you so many hugs and kisses."

Ushijima yelped. He frowned. "Sorry we're in public. I did not mean to do that."

"I don't mind and neither should others."

Ushijima nodded.

Tendou hummed. Suga pulled up and both got in the backseat, Tendou knowing Ushijima would like to cling to him. He couldn't blame him.

"So, how were the nurses?" Suga questioned.

"They called me mentally ill."

"That's rude. I know that's really, really rude." Ushijima whispered.

"Yeah…"

****

When Tendou got home and put his things away, Ushijima rushed to hold him close and snuggle him as much as possible. Tendou just laid there, praying he'd sleep if he was this comfortable.

Ushijima nuzzled Tendou's hair. "I missed you…"

"I know… I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"Eh. Oh! I have a story."

"Hm?"

"Well. There were crayons in the room they locked me in." Tendou chuckled. "I drew six very detailed penises on the wall. They caught me and made me eat the cold food but it was so fucking worth it."

"Oh my…"

"Yep."

Ushijima furrowed his brows. He wanted to change the subject. "I came up with something affectionate I want to call you."

"What would that be?"

"Love."

"Aw… cute and classic." Tendou kissed Ushijima gently. "Just like my Bub."

Ushijima smiled.

"Oh how pretty."

Ushijima got closer and kissed Tendou this time, smiling still.

"You're so gentle…" Tendou kissed Ushijima again. "Gah I'm sleepy… I'm gonna conk out."

"What does that mean?"

"It means I'm falling asleep."

"Oh." Ushijima wrapped him in a blanket. "There."

Tendou sighed slowly, relaxed against Ushijima. Ushijima held him close, like a child.

"I have my love back…" Ushijima whispered. He giggled quietly. "Sleep well…"

****

Ushijima looked around, amazed. He'd never seen so much red. Tendou looked up and smiled. "Sorry I was messing with the lights."

"It's okay. It looks amazing…" Ushijima sat on the floor with him.

"I thought this was a suggestive color?"

"It's alright. I know not to touch." Ushijima whispered.

Thank God the room was red or else Ushijima would have seen the bright red Tendou's cheeks had turned. Tendou scooted closer. "Would you like to listen to music?"

"Mhmm."

Tendou turned on a slow piano song and laid out on the floor. Ushijima laid down on his side, gentle. Tendou rubbed his hair. "Hey…"

"Hello."

Tendou chuckled. He turned and kissed Ushijima. "You cutie. What're you thinking about?"

"A lot of things."

"You wanna pick them apart?"

"Hm?"

"Tell me about the first thing that comes to mind."

"Um… you know that feeling when you feel like you're falling when you're trying to sleep?"

"Mhmm."

"Well your body feels your body's pulse drop incredibly fast so it doesn't know if you're dying. So it rushes some adrenaline through you so you wake up."

"Oh that's cool. My grandma used to tell me that angels dropped you. It was weird and I knew it was wrong."

"A lot of things people think about religion are wrong."

"Really?"

"Mhmm. Like that Hell is a fiery red. But it says in the bible that there are lakes of sulfur. Sulfur burns a bright blue."

"Oh wow."

"Mhmm." Ushijima shifted. He kissed Tendou's forehead.

Tendou kissed his cheek.

"Mm."

"You're so cute." Tendou kissed him. He noted the light color. "Ah. You wanna change the light color?"

"It's okay." Ushijima turned Tendou's head and towards himself by his chin carefully. "I know not to touch and if I do touch you I'll ask first." He held Tendou's cheek.

"Ah are you implying you wanna make out with me?" Tendou teased.

"In a way, yes."

Tendou grinned. He hurried to kiss Ushijima, who was already starting to catch on. Ushijima held his waist and kissed him slowly, trying his best to go slow and to get Tendou to do the same.

Tendou chuckled. "Alright, alright no problem." He put his fingers into Ushijima's hair and kissed Ushijima.

"Mm…"

"You like things nice and slow, don't you?"

"Very…"

"I can do slow." Tendou kissed him nice and slow, coming closer.

Ushijima smiled. This felt really nice. He liked this.