"Lena, I'm not hungry," Kara said, rubbing her temple tiredly, her eyes half-closed.

"I know, but there's not much there," Lena said, purposely ignoring the huge plate. It really wasn't much for Kara. After a strenuous night like this one, she would have at least four more of those. "Just humor me, please. I really don't want you to go to bed on an empty stomach – you need to keep up your energy. What if you have to leave again?"

Kara sighed and sat down by her side, defeated by her girlfriend's logic.

Lena smirked and made a show of sniffing her thoroughly, making her giggle involuntary as she pressed her nose behind her ear.

"Lena!" Kara squeaked. "What are you doing?"

"Sniffing you, of course," Lena replied blithely. "I realize it's very unladylike, but we are sharing a bed tonight, and I have to make sure you don't need another shower." 

Kara chuckled, feeling better already. "I'm sure it's all gone after three superfast showers," Kara said, squeaking again as Lena's nose hit another sensitive spot. "Lena!"

But Lena never relented, moving closer and closer to Kara's mouth to kiss her slowly while gently pushing her down on the couch. Shifting so she was lying completely on top of the alien, Lena gently cupped her face, drawing out a low moan.

"I love you," Lena whispered, nuzzling her cheek. She knew Kara basked in the intimacy of such tender gestures, having discovered Kara's very romantic streak shortly after they started dating. She also knew it had a relaxing effect on the blonde.

"I love you too..." Kara whispered back, her hand wrapping behind Lena's head, her fingers tangling in her dark hair.

Lena searched for Kara's free hand, entwining their fingers above the blonde's head, her lips searching Kara's once more, to delight themselves on a long and languid kiss that left them both breathless and flushed before Lena forced herself to stop, their conversation from days before still fresh in her mind.

**

Lena watched as Kara nestled under the covers. It was still Christmas day, and they had all exchanged presents in Eliza's cozy living room just moments before. That had been a first, too. Not the exchange of presents, but the selflessness and thoughtfulness of it all. All gifts had been mindful of the person's tastes or needs. She had given Kara a messenger bag she knew she had been lusting for, the look on the blonde's face telling her that she'd made the right choice. That was a first, too.

Her father was never around on Christmas Day. Lillian was always distasteful of whatever she chose for her. Lex... Lex never really cared about any of it, but with this Danvers clan, everything was different. Everything was carefree and thoughtful and from the heart. She had never experienced that before, and God, now she knew how much she really craved it.

A smile came to her lips as she recalled Kara's gift to her, an alien interactive puzzle with mathematical and scientific probabilities that would keep her inquisitive mind occupied for a long while.

"What's that incredible smile for?" Kara asked softly, a content smile shaping her lips.

"Just thinking of your gift." Lena grasped her hand and kissed it reverently. "Where did you find it?"

Kara grinned. "That would be telling, miss Luthor."

Lena chuckled at her suddenly secretive girlfriend. "Well, I have one more for you," Lena said, going for her bag.

"Lena, I thought we agreed on one present each," Kara complained, already sitting in bed, unable to hide her excitement.

Eliza had explained how much Kara loved Christmas because they had nothing like it on Krypton. Kara had even believed Santa to be real for a while and was utterly disappointed when she found out the truth, but she still firmly believed in the magic of Christmas.