"You know me?" he said in a monotone voice. 

"You're pretty popular."

"How'd you do it?"

"What do you mean?"

"That jump at the beef."

Kaia opened his eyes and looked over at him. Miya kept a serious face and stared back at him while awaiting his answer. They stood there until he suddenly stood up from the water and pinched the younger boy's cheeks. He stretched them playfully with a small smile on his face. "Anyone ever told you that you're too serious for you age."

"Lay off!" He smacked his hands away from his cheeks.

"I can show it to you later. When we head back."

"Thanks or whatever," he grumbled before hurriedly going off.

**

Kaia laid out on a towel under Kaoru's umbrella. He could feel eyes drill into the back of his head. He let out a heavy sigh before turning to see Kaoru with his eyes closed. 

"Carla, is Kaoru actually sleeping?"

"No he is not."

He reluctantly sat up with a face full of concern. "How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"I'm serious."

"I really am fine." Kaia nudged him playfully after he sat up too. "I trust you and I'll tell you if something is wrong."

Kaoru carefully studied his face to see if he had any hint of dishonesty. Ever since Kaia had told him about his past he felt that a small piece of him was gifted to him. He refused to betray his trust in him or make him regret it. 

"In truth, I missed it. The ocean was once my escape before it became a prison of the past. I love it just as much as you do skating regardless."

"That I can understand." Kaoru's eyes widened when he felt a weight on his legs. He saw that Kaia rested his head on his lap. 

"Thanks for looking out for me."

**

"Where's Joe?" Shadow asked while looking around.

"The usual." Kaia said while fanning himself and sipping a drink that Shadow had brought. They all looked over to see Joe flirting with two new girls. 

"Damn him! I'll get in his way!"

"Don't. You'd do the opposite," Reki said.

"Opposite?"

Reki latched on to Langa and shook him. "Oh no! That guy is scary!" Langa just sat tired with a blank face before Reki shook him again, "So scary~" he called again in a high-pitch voice.

"I'll protect you."

Shadow only scowled while Miya walked past them and towards Joe without a word. 

"If you would like some hot dinner together--"

"Dad!" Miya shouted while pulling on his shorts.

"Mom said if you don't come back soon she'll kill you."

"Dad?" the girls whispered amongst themselves. 

"It's just a misunderstanding--"

Kaia came up from behind with a tissue in hand. He sniffled and sobbed into the tissue dramatically before looking between Joe and the girls. 

"Again? And in front of our kid!" he gestured for Miya to come towards him and he complied by clinging to his side dramatically. 

The girls glared at Joe and went to console Kaia as he continued to sniffle. "How could you do this! I can't believe it!"

"Please don't take my dad away from me!" Miya jumped onto Joe. 

"You made our son cry!" 

"What is with you two!"

The girls hurried away from him and wished Kaia better before they left. Once they were gone the pair dropped the act. Kaia and Miya high fived one another.

"Officially a favorite." Kaia ruffled Miya's hair and he once again slapped his hand away. 

"I guess you're not bad." 

a/n: i was out of it but i'm back again. and ik everyone hates adam but they did that man dirty with the highschool haircut oh pray for him.