Chapter Forty Two - Age of Innocence Part One

Start from the beginning

"Bitch please you were fawning all over him. I understand the attraction I really do, but fluttering your eyelashes meeting up with him out of school hours and you're supposed to be the adult in this situation. In some way it's actually amusing." I crossed my legs as I stared up at a worried Dan who was trying to concentrate on the play.

"How is this amusing? This is far from it."

"You thought you could go up against the elite of New York. You a teacher from where? Against the most devious and vindictive generation."

"That's not fair." I glared at her

"Life is not fair Rachel, it never is, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from the only difference is the tools available. You came here and was accepted, now the Blair situation is unfortunate but your actions with my boyfriend. You should have known better, there are consequences to your actions. Now shoo they're about to do a dress rehearsal and I am shivering with antica...pation."

--------

I had move to sit with Jenny to watch the rehearsal. It was supposed to be serious but they all just looked very awkward, it was amusing though I never showed it. I was here to support my friends and boyfriend.

"Did I miss much?" Rufus had arrived

"No, just the first scene." we moved up a seat. But I remained concentrating  on what was going on in front of me that was until my phone beeped

Want to hear the sickest scandal ever? Remember B's Lord? Turns out he was giving the royal treatment to his own Queen Mother. And the worst part? B knew and ignored it. How desperate can you be B?

"Oh no." I nudged Jenny and showed her the phone. I then got up and went to find my best friend.

"Blair, I saw the blast are you okay?" I asked her

"No I'm not and I know who is behind it. Vanessa." she took my arm and lead me away

"Vanessa? Why would Vanessa send that to Gossip Girl? I know the two of you don't get on but why would she do it. It doesn't make sense." I shake my head not believing it.

"Revenge never does." We found Vanessa with Serena

"Airing my dirty laundry to Yale and sending the Lord Marcus Gossip Girl blast makes you officially enemy number one" Blair confronts her

"I don't know what you're talking about Blair, honestly." Vanessa replied and I believed her.

"What are you doing with her, we hate her." Blair questioned Serena who was as confused as Vanessa

"I don't hate her. She's my friend actually." Serena replied

"Blair, it doesn't make sense what reason right now would she have todo this. I don't think it's her." I add trying to reason with my friend.

"Not you too." she groaned

"Blair you know I'm all for  biting back but Vanessa? No." I shook my head

"I think you need to calm down Blair."

"Calm down, Serena. She got me axed from Yale!" I covered my eyes Vanessa bailed. "You're seriously taking her side? Fine. But a word of advice. She will be destroyed. You don't want to become collateral damage."

"Okay, I love you but this insane. Leave me out of the plotting and war for a while okay?" I walk away

-------

There was a knock on my door later that night, I opened it.

"Mr Humphrey? Uh, come in." he did so and turned around to face me "What can i do for you?"

"I wanted to warn you that Ms Carr is trying to see Daniel." he took out a slip of paper and handed it to me. "Read it." I took it and did.

"Why are you talking to Rose? Leave her alone." I flipped it over "Please Daniel, I can explain meet me."

"She attached her door key with the note, when I went there she had set up a candle light dinner."

"Why are you telling me this? You could have just spoken to Dan." I put the note down.

"Because despite all the misgiving about what lengths people of the upper east side do. This isn't right. We've tried the right way, the safe way." he took a deep breathe "I've heard stories, rumours about your scheming. I chose to ignore them because in the grand scheme of things you're a good person."

"Are you, a actually decent upstanding man suggest I take matters into my own hands?"

"No, i just thought you should be made aware of things. See you later Rose."

"Bye, Mr Humphrey." he leaves and I chuckle slightly