⤷ 01| OLD FRIENDS

chapter one : old friends

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper had been living with Sirius and Remus in Grimmauld Place ever since she got back from King's Cross station. It had been decided that Sirius' old home would be the new headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix — a group that would fight Voldemort — so there was always someone there.

June had met all of the wizards and witches that had joined the Order and she took a particulary liking to Kingsley Shacklebolt. He was a brilliant Auror — Nymphadora had told her all about him — and June enjoyed listening to his stories when he had the time to tell them, which was not very often.

The black haired had written to Harry, knowing how alone he probably felt, but she couldn't tell him where she was staying or mention the Order since there was always a chance it would get intercepted by the Ministry.

She didn't write to Draco, though.

Thinking of him made her heart ache. She was worried for her cousin. Was he all right? Would someone hurt him?

"Junior, you all right?" Nymphadora asked, tilting her and looking at her in worry.

"Yeah," June said, pushing herself off the kitchen table she had been leaning on. "All fine."

Nymphadora gave her a pointed look, indicating June that she knew she was lying, but before she could say something, the front door opened and in came Kingsley, followed closely by a man who June didn't know.

"Ah, June, you're here, good," Kingsley said, giving her a nod. "Aiden here wanted to meet you."

The brown haired man stepped forward, smiling at her kindly while holding his hand out. "I'm Aiden Rivers, I was friends with your mother."

June shook his hand and returned the smile. "Juniper Black," she introduced herself. "It's a pleasure meeting you, Aiden."

For a moment, he didn't reply. He simply looked at her, something that made June feel awkward.

"Sorry," he apologized. "It's just been awhile since I have last seen you."

Juniper tilted her head. "Have we met before?"

"You wouldn't remember," Aiden said, smiling. "You were only a child."

"Enough with the pleasantries," Kingsley said, breaking them up. "I've come here to ask whether you are interested in joining the Aurors after you graduate, June."

"Junior isn't interested in it, Kingsley," Nymphadora said, placing her hands behind her head as she leaned back in her chair. "Believe me, I tried."

"Yes," June said, ignoring Nymphadora. "I think I will join you."

"Junior, I was only joking around," Nymphadora said, standing up and looking too serious for her own good. "You wanted to be a Professor. Don't become something you don't want to be."