Beatrix sighs. "Why would I make up a story about our teachers being murderers? Where's the gain in that?"

"What, so I'm just supposed to trust you two?"

"Shouldn't be too hard, you trusted my brother pretty quickly," the brunette grumbles from the back seat, adjusting her position to lay down across the seats rather than sit up.

"You shouldn't trust anyone until they've proven themselves trustworthy. That's what the faculty expects, and we are nothing like them. What you need are answers."

"Yeah, from a woman who died and left nothing but cryptic messages and half-truths. We need more."

"And we'll get it, because Rosalind's alive," Beatrix smirks.

"Dowling told me she was dead," Bloom says, her eyes wide.

"Not dead, just imprisoned," Mal says smugly, her arms crossed and her head laying against the window and her feet propped up on the other one.

"Dowling imprisoned her, I'm at Alfea to break her out," Beatrix tells them. "Mal's helping, question is: will you help us too?"

"Shit!" Beatrix yells as arrows hit the tires of the SUV, making her lose control of it.

Beatrix attempts to run but is quickly stopped by Dowling.

"Not today," the headmistress says as she places metal contraptions on her wrists to stop her from using magic.

"What are these things?" Beatrix cries.

Malvolia slowly slides across the seat and gets out on the other side of the car but is stopped by Silva. "Dad?" She whispers.

Silva shakes his head. "What have you done, Mal?"

Malvolia cries. "I'm sorry," she says as she tries to wrestle herself out of his grip. "Please no!" She cries as she watches Dowling head towards her, a metal contraption in her hand. The headmistress places it on her head, covering her eyes. The brunette screams in pain as it digs into her skin, blood leaking down her face. Silva holds his daughter as she cries out in pain, he brushes her hair softly as Dowling heads over to Beatrix to grab her.

"What is that thing?" The auburn-hair girl asks in horror.

"Take Bloom," Dowling orders Harvel. "We'll handle this."

"Calm down," Harvey tells Bloom as he pulls her away from the other two girls.

   "Sky?" Silva calls out for the blond, as the teenager in question looks at his sister behind a cell

"Sky?" Mal cries, reaching a handout into the air. The metal contraption Dowling place on her blocking her eyesight.

"Let's go," Silva orders, the blond following after him.

"What the hell is going on?" Sky asks as he quickly follows after Silva. "What the hell is that thing on her head?"

Silva sighs. "There is a lot about Lia that you don't know."

"Then tell me!" Sky shouts. "That's my sister."

"I tell you what you need to know," Silva says firmly.

"And what is that? Because I know nothing other than you told me to 'Stick close to Bloom, we want to know more about her' and 'Watch out for your sister'. Neither of those explain what is happening right now!"

"What you are doing is important, Sky, but you have to trust me," Silva tells him.

"I do," Sky tells him. "You know I do, but I need to know the whole truth."

"One of the lessons you are at this school to learn is that sometimes a soldier just has to take orders," Silva lectures. "So let me reiterate them: You are to gain Bloom's trust, find out everything you can, including what happened on that road trip, and you are to tell me. That is where your loyalty lies, Sky, to me. To Alfea. No one else," the brunet tells him dramatically before walking off.

"Just tell me one thing," Sky speaks up. "Did she do it? Is what Dowling said true, did Lia murder someone?"

Silva stressfully sighs, running his hand across his face. "Traces of her magic were found on the body."

"That doesn't mean she did it," Sky counters.

"It doesn't mean she's innocent," Silva tells him softly, before walking off.  

NOTES.
i don't have anything to really say except thank you guys for all the support. my goal is to have this book finished by the end of the month and hopefully i can stick to that!
as always leave any thoughs or comments you may have no matter how harsh, i love hearing what you guys think it really helps motivate me ! :) <3