[1] 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭.𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

🚨𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠.🚨

The cold chill of the air froze you to your core as you exited the school doors. Boots clicking on pavement in a monotonous tone was all that you cared to tune into, making an effort to ignore the catcalls from a troublesome group of boys behind you. Such attention was unwanted, but...

It made you feel violated. — It made you excited.

Now, you knew getting catcalled can be a terrifying experience, and naturally wouldn't wish it on anyone.

...But it, somehow, made your blood run warmer — faster, too. It ignited something in you, something you were afraid to unleash; because once it was unleashed, you didn't think your thirst could be sated anymore.

Luckily for you, he would be at your aid soon enough.

· · ─────── · x̶x̶x̶ · ─────── · ·

Warm breath against a frigid windowpane caused the fog that was obstructing the grey-haired boy's view of you to vanish. The boys giving you unwanted attention were pests, unworthy of even laying eyes on you.
But Kita knew you loved it.

Oh, what a shock it was to him that first time he observed you, the first time he became truly interested in just watching another person.
That first time... He was walking down the hall with a classmate when she had complimented your outfit, revealing as it was, and you had thanked her gratuitously...

But only Kita saw your face afterwards. Only he noticed your flushed, heated, excited expression.

Oh yes, what a shock it was indeed. To think that someone he hadn't put any effort into paying attention to could make such an enticing expression...

He was beyond excited.

So he continued to watch you, unintentional as it was. In the hallway, the cafeteria, from his car... He continued to observe your expressions, but none were as rewarding as that time. He needed to be closer. He needed, with all of his being, to be as close to you as possible.

Closer to you than anyone.

...̣《───── ⋆⋅𖧷⋅⋆ ─────》̣...

It had become a part of his monotonous daily routine—watching you. Palms breaking a sweat from his warm car interior, Kita awaited your exit from the school building. Since you tended to walk home alone after the school day concluded, he had ample time to follow you, from a distance, in his car.

He grunted into his steering wheel as he, for the first time he can remember, grew impatient. The heat was starting to ruin his mood; he removed his jacket, revealing tanned, toned upper arms that he nearly slammed on his car horn when he noticed you exit the building.

His eyes widened with shock as he saw you walking with someone.

Someone who wasn't him-?? Why would you need to walk with someone when he was basically walking you home and making sure you were safe?? ...And this person wasn't even a girl friend of yours, not that you had many anyways. Eyes squinted at your elegant aura and the figure next to you, he felt he could recognize the back of that head.
And then it hit him.

...Atsumu?
Why were you with him? Why did he look so happy to be escorting you home? Why, when I was already making sure you got home safely?

Intolerable.

Completely, unequivocally unacceptable.
It seemed you were slipping out of his hands.
...So, what do you do when something slips from your grasp?

You pick it back up and readjust the way you hold it.

———————❖———————

"Thank you, Atsumu!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it."

"No problem at all! I have some time to kill before practice anyway, y'know?" His warm smile made his entire face seem brighter somehow, making your blood run warm again.

"Really, thank you. I couldn't shake this feeling the last few days... Like someone put a target on me and wouldn't back off." The metallic bracelets on your wrist jingled as you averted eye contact from the boy, somehow embarrassed at feeling vulnerable in front of someone. "...I'll bake some cookies tonight to repay you for walking m-"

"Shhh. Shush. It's no biggie! No matter who it is, if someone feels unsafe, I'm going to tend to want to make sure they get home safe, right? So don't sweat it... But if you decided to make some cookies anyway, I might just be willing to accept..." Though smirking now, you could tell his expression was genuine, as were his words.

"Alright!" You began to ascend your steep driveway before swiftly turning around to meet his eyes once more. "See ya," you gave him a small 'aye-aye-captain' salute as you brought your hand up to your forehead, to which he chuckled at. Turning down your road, he headed back to Inarizaki for volleyball practice.

Savoring the last minutes outside before reaching your doorstep, a dreadful feeling washed over you...

But your thoughts were interrupted by a swift creaking of your front door, made by the person you least desired to see at that moment.

"Hi, Mom."

"Don't 'hi' me, missy. Get your ass in the house this instant." Eyes agape at you, she dragged you into the house and goaded you to sit with her in the family room. But it was hardly a 'family' room anymore.

"Sit. And were you ever planning to tell me about that man that walked you to our home?"

"...Miya-san? What do you mean, there's nothi-"

"ENOUGH of your lies. There was 'nothing' between your father and his secretary, so tell me why they ran off across the country together. What, are you planning to leave too? ...Planning to leave me alone here?" The chair rocked back and forth, back and forth as she stared at the floor, eyes peeled. "...Your father set a bad example for you, I'm sure of it. That man... Contaminated by lust..."

Exhausted from her meltdowns, which had become more often lately, you rolled your eyes and nodded to her as you stood up.
"I'm going to my room. Yell for me when you're sane." You didn't hate your dad—more so, you were jealous that he took the opportunity to escape.

"Honey, come back! You know your mother is ill sometimes, don't take your aggressions out on me..." Muffled words were barely heard through the wooden floorboards as you lay on your bed now, headphones plugged into your phone—desperate to escape.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶×××⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

"Now, this paper is 20% of your final average in my class, so get to it. And be safe going home today guys, use your umbrellas if you brought one, eh? Alright, email any questi-..." Avoiding the stress of—yet another—class project, you plugged your headphones in and tuned your teacher out for your final class before spring break. Granted, yes, you had no plans, but it was time enough to relax.

'Time to procrastinate', you thought, now departing from the small high-school campus. Dodging the rain that had accumulated enough to become a bother, you walked home through a trail used for hiking—concealed by trees. No one accompanied you home today, just you and your music. You liked these headphones because they were soundproof.

Soundproof enough to block out the sound of a car not far behind you.

Soundproof enough to mute the sound of someone approaching you quicker with each step.

Yes, Kita liked these headphones of yours as well. How convenient, he thought, as an arm slinked around your waste, the other bringing a rag to your mouth and nose. Your limp body nearly weightless by then, he carried and laid you gently in the backseat of his car. You were secure now.

And at long last, he had you.

──────
...𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 <𝟑