A Blast from the Past

As you all fight against the foxy pirates another story had been taking place, but it wasn't yours. It was your fathers and what exactly had transpired the day you were born.

~~~~~~~~*17 years ago*~~~~~~~~~~~

Donquixote Rosinante was a kind, honest, hardworking man. He was also a clumsy idiot. Rosinanate had been walking along the shore sighing. Doflamingo had sent him to recruit a sea witch, but he already knew none of them would wanna join. The rumors about Doffy weren't wrong. As he sat on his boat motor running, he began to thought about why exactly he was with Doffy. He knew it was his mission, but part of him knew it was because it was he was family..Rosinante had wanted a simple life. Don't get him wrong, he was by no mean simple, but he had wanted a child and a wife. He had made his brother believe he hated children, so none can join and he could protect them. "Stop right there!" Rosinante gasped stopping his day dreaming seeing a woman pop up she held a spear. "Your coming near our world, we made the agreement that no one would bother us. Your motor is scaring the children." He couldn't speak he was memorized by her beauty.  "What do you want?" The woman asked before screeching, "OH MY GOD YOUR ON FIRE!!" Rosinante gasped patting himself before yelping as the woman threw him overboard, "THE WATER YOU IDIOT!!" She screamed again seeing him begin to drown. "YOU CAN'T SWIM!! OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY!!!" The woman apologized helping him back on board. "Are you okay?" He sighed before nodding. "I'm so sorry that spear wasn't even real I didn't mean to scare you, there are no fighting sea witches here..so I'm the only one who can defend this area of land.." Rosinante kept staring as she rambled on nervously. He thought she was cute. He held up a small note to tell her it's alright, "Oh my god your a mute too! I'm a monster I hurt a mute man!!" He wanted to calm her but also wanted to laugh, but he would blow his cover if he did. His control snapped when she began to climb over and slipped because of how wet she was from the water. "You can laugh!" He stopped laughing helping her up while shaking his head, "Oh so you can laugh, but can't speak that's funny. You seem nice." This girl was naive. "So what can I help you with?" Her smile was cute though, Doffy would destroy her. He held up a sign explaining his situation. "Your a pirate...Oh." He nodded sadly, "Well I'm sorry sir but there are no fighting sea witches here, only magical ones...so you should tell your boss-" Rosinante held up the next sign, Doffy wanted a sea witch doesn't matter what kind. She sighed before shaking her head. "Tell Doflamingo the others kindly refuse and if he has a complaint then he can take it up with me..I'll speak for everyone down here." Rosinante's eyes widened realizing what she meant. She would join as long as he left all of them alone. "No." Her eyes widened hearing his voice, "You can speak!" He sighed lighting a cigarette. "Yes I can and you shall not join so the others are safe miss-" "I apologize but that decision is not up to you. I don't want him to reign terror on the people or children here so I'll take the place, but I warn I can't fight very well and I will not harm innocent people." He sighed before grasping her arms to stop her. "He doesn't know I can speak, your the first person that I've spoken too in over a year, so take my words seriously. Get everyone out of here first and I'll come back for you later, cause if you can't fight he'll want to train you harshly and use the people here as collateral. Get them away and I'll help you get away after." She slowly nodded her head understanding him. He was clearly different and had ulterior motives than his brother. "I plan on being the one to take him down and if you want to live and the people here to live you'll help me with this. I will show you to him and then I'll help you escape are we understood?" She nodded before gasping and spraying him with water, "Sorry you were on fire again.." He nodded before helping her down. "When I get back I shall flash my light three times, that's when you come okay?...What's your name?" "Man this is all happening so fast I barely met you well I'm Lena. Thank you sir I'll get everyone out of here." Rosinante nodded before explaining that she can not under no circumstance reveal that he can speak. Afterwards she headed off and he went back to shore to wait till nightfall.