• O N E •

*Picture of Lucas Monroe*

"Mr. Monroe, your 3 o'clock is here," Jennifer called from outside the big white office. She had long, curly red hair that fell upon her breast. Her voice has a hint of an Australian accent. The clothes on her back resembled a very high-up, powerful woman. If you were to see her on the New York streets below, it would look odd.

"It is 2:55, he is early." Monroe said, his voice real low and has a thick British accent that no one can fully understand. Through the big glass doors, it could be seen that he had short brown wavy hair. He wore a nice dark blue suit with a light blue silk tie and had big black glasses that you would think were nerd glasses from decades ago, but on him, they looked modern. He had a faint 5 o'clock shadow that made him look a couple years older than the rest of his body, which couldn't be a day older than 26-27.

"Isn't he?" The girl, whose name was Jennifer, asked.

"Uh, what?" The young man standing in front of Jennifer's desk asked.

"Gorgeous, isn't he just drop dead gorgeous?" She asked, sighing towards the doors.

"Um, sure, I guess," he said, shifting his feet awkwardly. The young man had a childish face, but at the same time his face looked one of 20 years, which he was. His body language screamed innocence, and his personality didn't help. He had blonde, beautiful hair that was up in a slit quiff, showing his flawless forehead on full display. His face was unbelievably zit free, it looked like no zits has ever touched his skin. He wore the nicest dress pants he owned, along with a silvery grey suit jacket with a plain black v-neck underneath.

"Oh..." Jennifer said, "you're not... Oh my goodness, I'm terribly sorry."

"It's alright, don't worry about it," the young man said, chuckling awkwardly.

"Alright, well it is 3 o'clock now, why don't you go on in," she said, smiling. The boy nodded nervously and took a step forward, opening the door and walking into the room.

"Stop." The man behind the desk said, causing the boy to stop in his tracks. Monroe looked up, catching the boys eye immediately with a cold expression on his face. The young man stood awkwardly as Monroe looked over him, inch by inch as his face seemed to lighten. He looked back up and made eye contact once more. "Hello. My name is Lucas Monroe, but due to the fact that you're standing in my office, I assume you already knew that."

"Hi," the boy said, you could tell he was nervous from head to toe, "my name is Ben Carter..."

"Ben? Is that short for something? Benedict? Bennett?" Monroe asked.

"Short for Benjamin," Ben said.

"Benjamin, I like it. Well, Benjamin, sit down and we'll start the interview." Monroe swung his hand at the chairs in front of his desk. Lucas sighed, opening a word doc on his iMac. "Alright, Mr. Carter, you better be worth my time because I'm on a tight schedule."

"I have no intention on wasting your time, Mr. Monroe." Ben said, smiling at him before looking down at his lap once Lucas started typing. Was he worth his time? Monroe seemed like a very powerful man, Ben even read that he was considered one of the most powerful men in the world.

"Ever been in jail?" Monroe asked, looking at Ben with an eyebrow raised over his glasses.

"No sir," Ben said, not being able to stop himself from noticed how absolutely beautiful he was. Jennifer was right, he was drop dead gorgeous, but there was one thing she got wrong. Ben was actually gay, but he won't ever let anyone know that...

"Alright, listen. I'm not going to waste either of our time asking the stupid questions that normal employers ask. I'm the kind of man who doesn't give a shit about what happened in the past, as long as you haven't been in jail you're fine. I don't want a fugitive working for me. As long as you do not disappoint me, you're fine. I'm also a kind of man that will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear. If you get my coffee wrong, I might tell you that you got it wrong, or I might just throw the cup at you and tell you to clean up the mess. Most people cannot handle this job, but things need to be done right the first time. Now, knowing that, are you still interested in this job?" Monroe said, looking straight into Ben's eyes, causing him to be afraid to both looks away and say no.