Noticing her nonchalance, he looked at her, his face pleading her for sympathy, which he did not get. The bell rang and all emotion fell from his face, he walked to his class with his back straight, looking directly forward.

She let out a small laugh, slightly in shock about how badly he'd reacted, and head to her charms class.

When she entered the room, she walked over to James' desk, standing in front of it and putting her hands on the table.

"Why did you tell Rosier i have a birthmark on my hip?" she raised her eyebrows, with an expectant look on her face.

James shuffled in his seat, leaning towards her, "Because you do," he said with a patronising smile. "Why? Is Vanilla Rosier upset?" he pulled a mocking sad face.

She narrowed her eyes and opened her mouth, about to say something, but decided against it, shaking her head and walking back to her seat.

El went to go take her seat, which was unfortunately next to Lily, who looked up at her with a smile, "Good morning!"

The Slytherin looked at her with a confused look, noticing her obvious change of behaviour from the last conversation they'd had. "Someone's a bit cheery," El commented, resting her elbows on the desk and her chin in her hands.

"I'm in a good mood, i finished my book this morning, you should read it! It's called-"

El gave her a sideways glance, "Evans, that's wonderful, but i really don't care,"

An obvious look of hurt flashed across the ginger girls face, "Oh, okay,"

El gave her an awkward tight lipped smile, and turned her attention to the front of the room, waiting for her lesson to start.

***

When El was on her way to her next class, James jogged up behind her to walk beside her, "You don't always need to be so mean to people, you know?"

She looked at him with a straight face, "I'm not mean to people," she argued, to which James let out a humourless laugh.

"In charms? With Evans?" He gestured his hand towards the classroom they'd previously been in.

"Defending our precious Lily-flower, are we?" she scoffed, watching James' face gradually show more frustration.

"No, i'm just saying that you don't need to be a bitch to people all the time!" he raised his voice at her now, the pair of them stopped walking.

She stood on her toes and leant loser to him, "Don't shout at me," she spat lowly, before storming off down the corridor.

***

"You and James are still arguing?" Marlene asked as she flopped down on the sofa, the two having just got back to the heads common room after their last lesson of the day.

"Yes- and it's an actual argument this time," she pointed at her friend as she spoke, sitting down on the loveseat to Marlenes left.

"Speak of the devil," the blonde laughed as James strolled into to the room.

"McKinnon," James nodded to Marlene, then looked at Eleanor, trying to prove a point by not greeting her. "What're you two doing?" he asked as he went to fill the kettle.

El crossed her legs and flicked through the book she'd recently put on her lap, "Just being a bitch, y'know... i've been known to do that,"