Adoption

Kathryn's POV

My name is Kathryn or Kat and I'm 9 years old. When I was young I was put into a home for children with no family. I never knew what happened to my family and I wasn't able to remember much. The only thing that I had left of my family was a cat tattoo on my wrist. I was also left with a necklace that was a snake. The necklace must of been left with me when I was first brought to the home. I was in and out of a couple of homes but I never got adopted. After a couple of years I got adopted by the Grangers. The Grangers looked like nice people. Jean and Derek visited me a lot and we talked about many things during those visits. They told me one day that they were going to adopt me. They had to fill out the paper work before I was allowed to go with them. I packed up everything that I had which wasn't a lot. I had a couple articles of clothing and a cat stuffed animal that was given to me by one of my other families. I picked up my bag and headed to the office to leave. Once we left we drove until we got to the Granger's house. They told me that they had a daughter who was a year older than me. Their house is nice. It was two stories and I had never lived in a house with two stories. We went in and they took me to my new room. The room was pretty plain. The walls were grey and the bed cover was black with white sheets. It was simple but it was nicer than what I was used to. After unpacking they introduced me to Hermione. "Hi I'm Hermione", Hermione said. I said, hi my name is Kathryn." Our parents left us to get to talk and get to know each other. It will take a little while to get used to calling them om and dad. I asked her how old she was and she told me that she was 10. I told her that I was 9. I asked if she wanted to see the tattoo that I had. She answered with a yes, so I showed her. She seemed very interested in it. The cat tattoo is on my inner arm. It's pretty simple. It's just a black cat with green eyes. She also asked about my necklace and I explained to her that it was what they found me in when I was left at the children's home.

Hermione's POV
I'm kind of torn on the fact that my parents are adopting another kid. I'm excited because then I'll have someone to talk to and play with, but then I won't be a only child. But being an only child can be lonely. I'm excited to see what she is like. I've heard that she is a year younger than me. I get to be a big sister. After breakfast they left to go get her. I waited until they got home and she unpacked before I met her. My parents left so we could get to know each other better. She looks really pretty for her age. She had black hair with, brown eyes and freckles on her checks and nose. I told her that my name is Hermione and she told me that her name is Kathryn. She asked if I wanted to see her tattoo. I said yes. Of course I was curious to why someone like her would have a tattoo. She showed me the tattoo and it was a back cat with green eyes. She also has this really pretty snake necklace. She told me it was what they found her in at the children's home.

Comment and as you know I don't own anything besides my character.