"play dates" ~ gabe miller

Start from the beginning

jake was known as the golden child of the family (according to gabe). he always did the right thing and his two brothers always teased him about it because he wasn't as chaotic as they were.
y/n honestly felt bad for him, having to grown up with two idiotic brothers and a busy working mom, but he did need to loosen up a bit.

"amanda, you're here!" jake cried as he hopped up from the couch and rushed towards her, the three other people watched as jake looked into her eyes lovingly.

amanda had an excited expression on her face, but not as much as him. y/n knew that jake absolutely adored her, and amanda did back, but she couldn't help but realise that the relationship was a bit one-sided - and amanda had her eye on someone else.

"jake! how are you?" amanda cried back, carrying the two into their own little conversation. y/n looked about the house, glancing some looks over at zach signalling 'i have no idea what to do' and him returning.

a few more moments went by before a clatter of saucepans in the kitchen erupted and a middle-aged blonde woman, who was called Patricia and was the boy's mother, emerged with a guilty, but wide grin in her face.

"samantha, y/n!" she called out as she approached y/n and her mother, engulfing them in a hug. y/n stood there awkwardly, lightly patting on her back until she pulled away. "how have you been?"

"good, good" y/n's mother chirped, grinning over at patricia. y/n looked down at her feet, listening to their light conversation about something random before feeling a strong arm around her shoulder coming from her mother. "...yeah i had to struggle to get this one out of the house, apparently she's 'too cool' to go outside"

"oh, my goodness, that is the exact same with gabe. all he does is stay up in his room and screw down his stupid skateboard! something about the wood-"

"-the deck" y/n interrupted, catching their attention. patricia tilted her head to the side in a confused manor while her mother shot an intense glare.
y/n is a bit of a skater herself, she was self taught and she knew quite of tricks. and despite being the same age, that was one of the things that she bonded with gabe about.

"the what?" patricia chuckled, looking down at y/n sweetly. y/n looked up at her mother who was giving her a 'shut up and be polite' look before looking down and shaking her head.

"i'm...i'm sorry. it's just the 'wood' is called the deck in the skating industry" she explained, shuffling on her feet. patricia let out a cry and chuckled a bit

"oh that's what that means! gabe always goes on about it to me and i'm always thinking, 'you don't have a boat?'" her and y/n's mother laughed for a few moments before her mother looked down at y/n.

"hey, how about you go find gabe, huh?" she suggested, patting her shoulder. patricia nodded and looked down as well.

"oh, yes! he's just in his room, sweetheart. third door on the left" patricia instructed, y/n nodded and steered her way out of the conversation, taking a quick glance and zach who was obviously stuck between situations and giggling slightly.

as y/n made her way to gabe's room, she took a moment to admire the many family photos and the perfectly done paint job on the wall - their house was always what y/n dreamed hers to be like.
y/n approached gabe's bedroom door, being able to hear the faint sound of him mumbling a tune under his breath and the odd sound of squeaking of the screws here and there on his skateboard.

y/n knocked on his door, the words "do not enter" plaster many times across it and pushing it slightly agape with the action. gabe let out a reassuring noise to let y/n come in, gazing intently at the entrance but relaxing as he saw y/n.

"oh, hey, y/n" he said softly as she entered the room, y/n smiled and stepped in, closing the door lightly behind her.

"hey, gabe" she responded in the same tone, he was always relaxed when he was on his own or with y/n, and she loved it, she loved him. "how are you?"

"i'm good, you?" he smiled, looking up briefly before going back to tightening the bolts on his skateboard. y/n nodded and came closer to the bed, perching on the edge of it.

"i'm alright, i practically got dragged here" she smiled, gabe chuckled a bit, looking up.

"you didn't want to see me?" he joked, pouting his bottom lip. the two shared a laugh for a moment before quieting down again.

y/n watched immensely as gabe tried to screw on the last bearing to his board, but failing over and over. she watched as he ran his hand through his hair as he got stressed. maybe she liked him? no. she couldn't do that. amanda likes jake and they would technically be family, so it's just wrong.

"hey, do you want help with that?" y/n offered, gabe sighed and shook his head.

"nah, it's fine" he looked at the board defeated, y/n did too. "you wouldn't be able to handle it"

y/n looked up and cocked a brow, tilting her head with a smirk. gabe smiling back. "oh really?"

"yes, really. it's too difficult for your weak little arms" he joked again, y/n shook her head giggled.

"i hate you, gabe" she sighed, looking down but a smile still remaining in her lips.

"yeah? well, i love you" gabe blurted out, but as soon as he realised he said it, he slapped his hand over his mouth. y/n snapped her head up in shock, her eyes wide.

"w-what?" she asked, all of a sudden becoming nervous and looking down. gabe took a deep breath and looked at her.

"i really like you, y/n. i'm literally in love with you" he smiled, y/n did the same, looking up shyly.

"i'm in love with you too, gabe" she said quietly, looking into his eyes. the two just stared at each other for a few moments, admiring the others features, before leaning in and colliding their lips.

it felt like heaven, and it felt just right.
forget amanda, she can wait. y/n was in love with gabe and that was final.

~~~
omg this is shiteeeee

but yeah, i haven't uploaded much so here is just a request i needed to do :))

i haven't proof readed so there might be spelling errors :/

(also yes, i know i'm posting a lot at 3 am. i have a problem)

anyway, have a nice day :))