Part 34

TW! Mentions of self-harm and suicide

Mia's pov:

It's been a month since I was in the mental hospital. I still go to therapy. Sooo many things happened since. So, first of all, I am doing a bit better. It's still hard sometimes and I'd still do self harm sometimes. But Billie doesn't know. No one does. We had a funeral for my dad. God, I miss him. It's really hard. I went back to school and everyone was staring at me so weirdly. I later heard that they told them that I almost killed myself and they wanted to help the students who are struggling with anything. Teachers would often ask me how I am and it's so annoying. Anyways I and Billie are okay. Billie and Finneas both won 5 Grammys! I am so proud of them. They also performed at the Oscars. I was there for Grammy and the Oscars! She also put out a music video for Everything I Wanted and I was there for it. It was so much.

Billie basically lives with me now. She would sleepover all the time. She would check up on me all the time to make sure that I eat and drink. She is so sweet. Olivia and Billie have met. They became friends so quickly. I'd sometimes hear them talking about me and Olivia thanking Billie for taking care of me while she's away. I mean I'm okay around her but as soon as she leaves I just lose myself again. She and Olivia are the reasons I'm happy. Also Finneas and Claudia and Maggie and even Patrick they're all so nice to me and checking up on me and it just makes me feel so loved. But if Billie wasn't here none of this would be like it is. Forever grateful for her. 

I and Emma were getting better again and it's almost like normal. Daniel is hanging with us again. But it's mostly like he's forced too. Emma is still pissed at him. He's being nice to me and all but I feel like he's nice to me because he's forced because I almost ended my life. I don't know it's still not the same. 

Right now I was ditching school because I was too lazy to get up in the morning and I'd rather cuddle Billie than be in school. Yes, I am choosing her over the school. Who wouldn't?

"Baby I have a meeting today I need to go"

"No stay please I literally skipped school for you so you can skip a meeting for me" I groan

"Mia this is important it's a part of my job and-"

"Well going to school is part of my life too for education and all but I still skipped"

"Yeah 'cuz half of the shit you learn there you won't even need in the future"

"Please stay. Say you have a headache or something please"

"I can't baby I'm sorry"

"Okay"

She gets ready and leaves the house. I suddenly get a call from Emma.

"Yeah?" I answer

"Ditched again?"

"No, I'm kinda sick" I lie

"Mia we both know you ditched again let me in now" 

"What?"

"I'm standing in front of your house dumbass, get your ass downstairs and open the door" she ends the call

I walk downstairs and open the door.

"Was Billie here?" was the first thing she asked when I let her in

"Uh, why?"

"It smells like her" she looked around

"Oh"

"Why are you ditching dude I miss you are you okay?"

"Yeah"

"Did Billie make you ditch?" we sit down on my bed