Forever person forever [28]

Start from the beginning

"You have that look on your face." Brie nudged Kennedy, who had that infectious smile on her face.

"What?" Kennedy giggled, shrugging her shoulders.

"That look of being so in love with him. You're like infatuated with him, I can hear the wedding bells coming soon." She added, and she blushed, shaking her head.

"Matt literally asked me that before I left. Trust me, I don't see myself being with anyone, but Jon. But I don't want to pressure him into anything until he's ready to ask me, plus we've only been dating for what's about to be 6 months." Kennedy told them, and CJ grinned.

"6 months is like one year in our business. When Rusev and I got engaged, it was only after a year of dating, I can only assume yours in going to be sooner." She said and all the girls smiled.

"When did your mom and dad get married?" Nattie asked her, and Kennedy thought.

"Well, they had me before they got married. Dad proposed to mom in 2002 and married in 2003."

"Your parents are so cute, your mom is so in love with him." Kennedy shook her head and giggled.

"Yea she is, but I feel like my dad is in love with her even more. You know my dad aways leaves her little notes for when she gets home or slips it in her bag to read at work. He's been doing it for years."

All the girls awed and Saraya chimed in, "Her parents, and her and Jon make my dead heart feel alive again."

Kennedy laughed, sipping her wine. She didn't realize how popular her and Jon's relationship was. Honestly, when she was with Jon, she was in her own little world.

Somehow the conversation shifted to talking about their fears after Saraya confessed that she was concerned about how deep the Lake was. All the girls had practical fears like commitment, losing a loved one, feeling guilty for indulging.

"What about you, Ken." Nia asked, looking toward Kennedy.

"Uh - maybe not being enough. That's my biggest fear."

"I could see that, you put a lot of pressure on yourself, but you always get it done." Nattie rubbed Kennedy's hand, and she nodded.

"Thanks, but it's deeper than that. Deeper than the work I do in the ring, you know?" Kennedy nodded, looking at them.

They all listened as she continued, "Like, I know that I put a lot of pressure on myself in the ring and my job. That's something I'll live with forever because of the expectation I have for myself and others have for me. But I'm just scared of not being enough for the people I love. My mom, my dad, my sisters, my grandpa-"

"Jon?" Nicole raised her brow and Kennedy sighed nodded her head.

"Him especially. He does so much for me, and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve him. I just want him to know that he's my number one and I would do anything for him. That I can be that person for the rest of his life, that shoulder to cry on. His person forever."

Maybe it was because Kennedy was slightly buzzed, but she began crying. She didn't even know she was holding all of this in, but it all poured out so easily. Jon was her soulmate, she was sure of that, but losing him was her fear. He did so much for her. Took her under his wing, trained her, never left her side, was her shoulder to cry on, asked her to move in with him, and did everything in between to show how much he loved her. She wanted to show that she was that for him too.

"Kennedy." All the girls wrapped their arms around her as she wiped her tears and quivered.

"I'm sorry, I probably sound so pathetic right now." She sniffled, and they all shook their heads no.