Chapter 11 - Mission: Siyeon's Happiness Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Why? So I can drown myself?" 

"No. Because I will make sure you see how beautiful you are to me.", Hwayoung said and shoved her friend in the bathroom. 

After making sure her best friend wouldn't really drown herself Hwayoung sprinted downstairs into the kitchen. Some boys sat at the small table and were playing Halli Galli but Hwayoung didn't care. 

"Dear, what do you need?", Ms. Lee asked worried who was just preparing dinner. Surprisingly Jangjun stood next to her. He probably convinced Ms. Lee since she usually didn't like it when guests helped her. 

"Hot chocolate. And snacks.", she said quickly. Ms. Lee opened a shelf and gave her some sweets. Then she grabbed a cup and started making hot chocolate for the girls. 

"Let me guess. Boy troubles?", Ms. Lee asked and Hwayoung nodded. This woman seriously has some sixth sense. 

"Is Siyeon okay?", Jangjun asked worried and Hwayoung noticed the other boys were looking at her too. Jaehyun even got so distracted he didn't notice how Joochan glanced at his cards. 

"I hope so.", Hwayoung said not wanting to lie to them. Still she didn't want to tell them about Siyeon's private life. Then an idea came into Hwayoung's mind. She knew Siyeon wouldn't want to talk about him for long and would make music for distraction. But maybe the boys could help Hwayoung. "Did all of you bring your onesies?" 

"I think so, yes.", Bomin answered confused. 

"Great. Wear them after dinner and we'll surprise her, okay?", Hwayoung said in excitement. "Make sure to tell the others but don't tell Siyeon." 

Now with hot chocolate and sweets Hwayoung made her way back to their room. Carefully she put them down on the table next to their bed and patiently waited for Siyeon to finish showering. 

Siyeon on the other hand just finished and was surprised a shower actually helped this much. As soon as she saw her best friend with hot chocolate she smiled and sat down too. 

"You're the sweetest." 

"I know.", Hwayoung said and flipped her long hair making Siyeon laugh. "But now I have to start Mission: Siyeon's happiness." 

"Huh? What?", Siyeon asked confused as she watched her friend take out some make up utensils. "I don't know how to apply make up." 

"That's why I'll do it. I'll make sure you feel like the most beautiful woman in the world tonight.", Hwayoung promised and started. For her applying make up felt like drawing. She didn't wear much herself but now she promised to do her best for Siyeon. 

After a while Hwayoung was finished. During that time the two friends talked about Siyeon's ex but Hwayoung made sure she wouldn't get sad again. 

"Can I look at myself now?", Siyeon asked getting impatient. Sitting still for so long was definitely not her strength. Hwayoung nodded and Siyeon jumped up running to the mirror.

"You are a genius.", Siyeon gasped as she looked at herself. She was still Siyeon, with black har and brown eyes. The make up wasn't too much and she still thought she was beautiful. Overwhelmed she hugged Hwayoung. "I love you." 

"If you cry now, my whole work is ruined.", Hwayoung joked making Siyeon laugh. "Should we go eat dinner?" 

"Let's go.", Siyeon said. Holding each other's hands the girls went down into the dining room. Ms. Lee was already there and winked at the girls knowingly. 

When they sat down the boys came in as well. Some had showered too since their hair was wet. This time they sat down next to the girls instead of at the other side. As soon as Siyeon felt some looks at her she got both nervous and suspicious. She blushed and looked down at her food not noticing Hwayoung giving the boys looks to not be so obvious. Of course Jangjun didn't listen to her. 

"This look suits you.", he said making Siyeon look at him. The other boys nodded in agreement. 

"But I think-", Bomin started and Hwayoung was already afraid he'd ruin it. "you look beautiful even without makeup." At this the boys exclaimed. 

"This makes me look so bad now.", Jangjun sighed making everyone laugh. Relieved Hwayoung saw Siyeon seemed more confident now. 

The boys started arguing about how to compliment a girl the best while Siyeon and Hwayoung watched amused. As soon as they made eye contact they burst out laughing. 

"You should always be a gentleman.", Sungyoon said and Daeyeol agreed to that immediately. 

"But that's old, Hyung.", Bomin argued. "Don't you think she'd feel bad if you pay for her all the time?" 

Youngtaek turned around to ask the girls, who would know the best, but they were already gone. The boys were so focused on their discussion they didn't notice that. 

"What are we doing now?", Siyeon asked when they entered their room again. Hwayoung smirked and threw the cat onesie at her friend who looked at her surprised. "Now?" 

"Hurry up. The real thing starts now.", Hwayoung said and put on her bear onesie as well. A minute later both girls were wearing them and Siyeon couldn't help but smile at her friends cuteness. 

"What are you doing?", Siyeon asked suspiciously when Hwayoung took out a black pen. 

"You'll see." 

When Daeyeol send her a message they were already waiting in the living room Hwayoung put a mask over Siyeon's eyes and lead her downstairs. 

"I don't trust you." 

"You locked me in the basement so who are you to say that?", Hwayoung replied instantly. Then they reached it and Hwayoung had to sign the boys to stay calm. Quickly she stood next to Bomin. "You can take it off now." 

The first thing Siyeon saw, when she took of the mask, was her best friend and the boys in their onesies. They held balloons in their hand and immediately broke out in cheers. 

"Surprise!", they shouted. 

"What is happening?" 

"We heard you needed to be cheered up, so here you are at 'Mission: Siyeon's happiness'.", Jangjun announced loudly. Shocked Siyeon sat down at the couch. 

"For- for me?" 

"Of course for you, idiot.", Hwayoung laughed. "Or do you see another one in here?" 

"Thanks.", Siyeon whispered and knew if she'd speak more she'd break out in tears again. To her surprise Daeyeol gave her a soft hug when he noticed. 

"The cat whiskers look cute on you.", he said and smiled. Just a few minutes ago Hwayoung had drawn them on her face. 

"Can you draw them for me too?", Jibeom asked Hwayoung who took her pen with her just for this. Of course she nodded and Jibeom kneeled down a bit so she could comfortably draw. 

Hwayoung put her hand behind Jibeom's neck to snap it. Okay, I'm joking, she did it to stabilize his head. She was so focused on drawing simple whiskers she didn't even notice how nervous Jibeom got at her touch. As soon as she finished she broke out of her world. 

"Can you draw something for me too?", Youngtaek asked excited like a kid. Of course Hwayoung couldn't say no. After drawing on him she ran around the room and made sure everyone had something on their face. Those whose animals didn't have whiskers or similar things got hearts or suns. 

"You need something as well.", Joochan said to Hwayoung who just finished his heart. 

"You're right.", she agreed and handed him the pen. Carefully Joochan drew symbols on her face and had to bend down. After he finished, everyone was already really excited. 

"Then should we play some games?"