i cut jean off by covering his mouth. "shut up! i don't want to talk about bugs!" i furrowed my eyebrows. jean knew my weakness was bugs. i despised them so much and always got grossed out whenever i saw them or whenever someone mentioned them. i groaned "i hate you jean."

"i love you too."

" yeah yeah, i- wait what?"

"i said let's head back to the training field. our break is going to be over soon." jean put a hand on his knee as he stood up. we locked eye contact for a couple seconds. i gave him a blank stare that while we locked eye contact that lasted for a couple seconds then returned my smug look. i springed up from the ground, placing my hands on my hips. "of course you love me, who doesn't?" i went back to giving him my snotty attitude.

jean rolled his eyes, scoffing. god she thinks everything is a joke, doesn't she? if only she could actually take me seriously and actually understand my true feelings for her; instead of teasing me and calling herself "perfect".

i booped jean's nose. "wow you're fun, jean." i said with sarcasm in my voice before walking off, leaving him confused.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘'𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍. there we plenty of cadets actually participating in the exercise while others were slacking off since they thought sparring was stupid. i agreed sparring was stupid since we weren't fighting actual people but it made me stronger just by training in general so i didn't mind.

me and eren didn't speak or stare at each other. i was actually surprised he didn't come up to me to show off that he beat me last night in training to piss me off or just piss me off in general. i was still planning on ways i could embarrass him or make him feel foolish.

my eyes followed annie. i had watched her body cadets that approached her in a fight. i jotted down all her movements in the journal christa gave me while i watched her body the cadets. i decided i would go talk to her. "hey annie!" i called her name out. she turned around, moving hair out of her face. "could you teach me about that trick you did back there?" i asked, pointing at a cadet that was laying on their back after they challenged annie. "in detail or.."

"show it off to me then tell me the details, please and thank you." i set my journal down on the ground and put my hand on my hip. annie sighed then got into a fighting stance. while i watched her fight, i saw her distract her opponent by going for a punch then she grabbed ahold of their arm and neck, sweeping their leg, and sliding them across the ground.

"i know what you're going to do already but i'll let you do your thing. i'm eager to learn about that movement. it could come in handy one day. i'm actually eager to learn all your movements. you're very strong and i look up to you."

annie nodded then ran at me, going for a punch. i didn't dodge since i let her do her own thing so i could just learn. she grabbed ahold of my arm, putting me into a chokehold then wrapped her leg around mine, making me trip then slid across the ground with me in her chokehold. i was astonished. "oh shit! that was fast."

annie got up from me, leading me a hand. i gladly took it, standing up. "i see what you did there now. damn annie, you're combat skills are amazing. you were so swift too. where did you learn that trick from?" i grinned, putting my hands on my hips. "my dad." she responded.