~*~

once alex and luke had gotten back to the studio, the three boys thought it would be a good idea to prepare an apology song for when julie returned home from school. despite sydney's repeated attempts to tell them that julie would not be amused, the boys continued to choreograph and rehearse the song.

julie eventually showed up, and the boys proudly sang their short song for her, holding up jazz hands and smiling widely at her. julie stared back at them in annoyance and sydney let out a small sigh at the boys.

"in case you missed it, we're really sorry." reggie states after the song finished, and julie rolled her eyes slightly. a small smile grew on sydney's face due to the sideways grin on reggies lips.

"yeah, i got that part." julie nods sarcastically.

"we've been here, for like three hours." alex explains, a smile on his face as well as he high-fives reggie.

"we almost sang to your little brother." luke tells her, standing up from where he was kneeling on the ground.

"he comes in here a lot." reggie nods. "mainly to use the bathroom."

"it's not our favourite part of the day." alex adds, the other ghosts nodding slightly in agreement.

"but julie, it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night. we know we let you down." luke says quickly, stepping closer to her.

"yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint you." alex says. "you're the best thing that's happened to us, since we became ghosts." he explains, and sydney nods slightly beside him.

part of sydney wanted to speak up and help the boys convince julie to come back, but she also meant what she had said the night before. she didn't blame julie for not wanting to be in a band with them, sydney wouldn't want to be in a band with people who did that to her either.

"so, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig." luke speaks excitedly, stepping forward to hand the flyer to julie.

"a mega-important, life-changing gig!" reggie adds, making sydney chuckle softly at his excitement.

"okay check it out, tons of managers go here to listen to new bands." luke points to the paper now in julie's hands. "all we gotta do is blow them all away, and we're living the dream."

"so this means a lot to you, huh?" julie looks around at each ghost. "kind of how playing in front of my whole entire school meant a lot to me." she says.

"that sounds like sarcasm." reggie comments, before letting out a small gasp. "i'm starting to think our plan isn't working." he whispers to alex and sydney beside him. sydney shook her head slightly and looked to julie.

"look, we know we messed up." she sighs, looking to luke and noticing the pleading look on his face. she wanted to help make him feel better, she knew how much he was hurting, but she wasn't sure there was anything she could do about it.

"but we need you, in the band." luke says softly, his eyes locked with julie's.

"of course you do. because without me, no one can see you guys playing." she says, shaking her head at them. "you know, i thought that the music that we were writing was special. but you're too obsessed with your past to even care." julie states sharply.

"i do care!" luke defends quickly. "our band has a real chance at greatness. i'm not gonna let that get away from us, again." he says, slight desperation in his voice.

"uh-huh, right, so then why did you bail on me to get back at trevor?" she asks, and luke freezes, unable to think of an answer good enough. "i'll tell you why," julie continues. "because there's only one thing that you care about and that's yourself." she finishes, spinning around and quickly stomping back to the house.