"well, someone's not focusing on our music." reggie jokes and sydney chuckles softly, as luke smiled slightly at his sister.

despite not talking about the events of last night, sydney didn't want to do anything that would bring all of that stuff up again. that's part of why she had barely spoken this morning, she didn't want to say something to upset someone.

luke looked between to other two at the table for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh.

"uh, sorry about punching you." he mumbles awkwardly, and reggie looks at him with slight surprise. sydney grinned at her brother, seeing that he wasn't still as mad about last night.

"it's okay." reggie says, a small smile growing on his face too. "i kind of deserved it." he shrugs, looking to sydney.

"no you didn't." she shook her head, and reggies smile grew.

"he kind of did." luke retorts, making sydney's roll her eyes at him. he noticed her slightly annoyed look and sighed jokingly. "fine, maybe it was a bit harsh." he admits, and reggie chuckles softly. "but it'll be even worse if you hurt her again." he threatens, raising an eyebrow at the dark haired boy. sydney looked to reggie for a moment before looking back to her brother, her eyes slightly wide in surprise.

"does that mean your okay, with this?" she questions, motioning to reggie. luke looked to reggie for a moment before nodding hesitantly.

"yeah, i want you guys to be happy." he says slowly, a small smile on his face. sydney grinned widely and looked to reggie, who was already looking at her.

"thanks, luke." sydney says, looking back at her brother, who nodded slightly.

reggie was still looking at sydney, a giddy smile on his face from how happy he was in this moment. he wanted to lean over and kiss her again, but he knew he shouldn't do that in front of luke. instead he grabbed her hand under the table, linking their fingers together. sydney smile grew and she felt a small blush forming on her cheeks. she looked down quickly to hide it.

"all right, i'm gonna go find alex." luke says, joking disgust in his voice as he stood from his chair to walk out of the cafe.

sydney followed luke with her eyes until he was out of sight, before turning back to reggie. she bit the inside of her lip to fight off her smile slightly, which only made reggie's grin grow.

"you wanna head back to the studio?" he asks quietly and sydney nodded.

they poofed back, landing on the piano bench beside each other. reggie was still holding on to sydney's hand, and she looked down to their intwined fingers. he watched her with a soft smile as he placed the hand that wasn't holding her's on the keys of the piano and began softly playing a one handed version of the chorus melody to the song they'd written. sydney felt a smile grow on her face as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"i'm sorry." reggie whispers.

"for what?" she asks, watching his hand move along the piano keys.

"for hurting you." he says softly. "that's not what i was trying to do."

"i know." sydney says, a small smile growing on her face from how nervous reggie sounded. it was kind of adorable. "honestly, i was more mad at luke than i was at you." she adds with a small laugh, making him chuckle softly.

"i never want you to be hurt, by anything. especially not by me." he tells her surely. sydney pulled her head away from his shoulder to look at him, a smile still present on her face.

"as long as you're with me, nothing can hurt me." she says, making reggie grin widely. "just promise you'll never leave."

"i promise." he nods.