CHAPTER ONE ❀ "A FAMILIAR FACE"

Start from the beginning

"I'll be.." Behind her brother she could spot a familiar blonde standing at the school's front lawn (hitched breaths, sloppy kisses, lost in each other's uncharted skin, panic attacks, the scent of coffee on shared pillows, cold rain.) ".. fine" she whispered, heart on her chest as though she was trying to prevent it from fracturing all over again. Her bunny, Kiko, peeked his head from the small basket he was held in ,seemingly sensing his owners inner turmoil.

Riven noticed the bunny and released an annoyed sigh "You brought him with you." The bunny's eyes narrowed and released a small huff as though to say the feeling was mutual. Roxy released a small laugh, feeling the bunny's annoyance and finding it entertaining. "Of course, what would Roxy be without Kiko? I also brought Sir Harold-"

"You brought one of your frogs?" Sky intercepted his tone resembling something between fond amusement and exasperation. The fairy pouted "Of course I brought one of my frogs! Sir Harold has been subjected to the confines of our backyard lake for far too long he deserves to see Alfea." She paused, the corners of her lips twisting into a small smile "Plus he beat Sir Reginald IV at leapfrog."

Her brother laughed at that before ruffling his younger sisters hair "Alright. You should probably head up now, be careful-"

"Have some fun, shag a few people while you're at it." Riven interrupted ignoring the scandalous squaking sound that escaped the blonde specialist who immediately began to rectify what his friend said "No don't do that! Silva will kill me if you get knocked up."

Now it was Roxy's turn to look at her brother in fond exasperation "I'm a lesbian, Sky, I don't think I'll be pregnant any time soon." She deadpanned before grabbing her suitcase and skipping to the front door.

"DO I WANNA KNOW WHY THEY THINK YOU'RE IN THE ALPS?" The young fairy raised an eyebrow at the conversion she just interrupted her gaze switching between her two new room mates "Who's in the Alps?" She questioned giving her roommates a short wave as they turned their heads towards her "I'm Roxy."

"I'm Aisha" The one to Roxy's right stated reaching across their shared bedside table to shake the dirty blonde's hand. "Bloom" The redhead piped up offering their new arrival a smile.

"My parents are both human so they think that Alfea is an international boarding school.. in Switzerland." Bloom said continuing the previous conversation before Roxy had joined them. Aisha released a low whistle "That's a sticking situation."

"Miss Dowling says there's a fairy somewhere in my family tree, like a long-dormant magical blonde." Bloom stilled for a second before releasing an awkward laugh "One of these days, I'm gonna get used to how absolutely ridiculous this all sounds."

Roxy released a small laugh as she began to unzip her suitcase "You're giving me huge Harry Potter vibes right now, next thing you know some type of arch villain is going to show up and only you'll have the power to stop them."

Bloom threw her head back as she released a laugh, her shoulders loosing a lingering tension that had been piling up since she arrived at Alfea "If you knew how many hours I wasted taking Sorting Hat quizzes."