a dozen white peonies

Start from the beginning

"Happy Valentine's Day, Draco", I said fixing his hair.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Stella", Draco said kissing my cheek. "Did you like your flowers?"

"I love them. How did you know I liked peonies?"

"You used to pick them from your mother's garden and put them in your hair. You've also said that roses are tacky and overdone"

"That's true..."

For years, Theo only ever gotten me red roses. My own boyfriend at the time didn't even know my favorite flowers.

"So, I asked you up here because I wanted to give you something", Draco said pulling out a small box from the pocket of his blazer.

"You didn't have to get me a gift. I didn't even get you one"

"Don't worry about it. The only thing I want from you today is your full attention", he said opening the box. Inside of the box was a silver necklace with a silver charm of a pawn.

This is sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.

Draco took the necklace out and put it on me. "I know you said you wanted to turn them into earrings but I think a necklace is way better"

"Thank you, I love it", I said giving him a kiss. "I can't believe you remembered something stupid that I said while high"

"Nothing you say is stupid", he said running his fingers through my hair. He cupped my cheeks in his hands and kissing my lips. "I'm glad you love your gift"

I smiled and grabbed Draco's hand saying, "Let's go to breakfast"

Draco and I walked all the way down to the ground floor of Hogwarts. The Entry Hall and ground floor corridor was filled with decorations for Valentine's Day, it somewhat resembled Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. The only thing that's missing are big ass pink bows and little cherubs that throw confetti at you.

We entered the Great Hall and walked to the Slytherin dining table, sitting next to each other across from Alex and Stass. Owls flew around the Great Hall, dropping off parcels and letters. My family's owl, Nova, swooped down towards me and dropped a parcel and a letter on my plate. The parcel was wrapped in black gift wrapping with twine tied around it, securing the letter in the black envelope. All ready, I could tell that this gift was from my father.

I cut the twine with the knife on the table and cut the envelope open, sliding the letter out from it. The letter was written on my father's fancy stationary that he usually uses to send owls to the Ministry.

My Dearest Stella,

Happy Valentine's Day to my shooting star. I love you so very much and I can't wait to see you soon. Write me back with how school is going.

With love,

Charles B. Blackwood III (daddy)

I slid the letter back into the envelope and continued to unwrap my gift. I ripped the black wrapping paper from the small box. The box was small and red with gold detailing around the edges. Without even opening the box, I already knew it's something from Cartier.

When I opened the jewelry box, I saw a white gold Cartier love ring inside of the black velvet lined box. I took the ring our and slid it into my left middle finger. Daddy sure knows how to gift.

"Daddy got me Cartier too", Stass said showing me her new necklace. "Adrian also sent me these flowers", she said holding up a bouquet of white roses. "Aren't they beautiful?"