"What about you? Should I help you stretch?"

"I am good, I am a pro so I stretch in the mornings. I have to fly here every day"

I sigh as he finally releases. My body felt fairly loose.

"We ready now?"

"No, gotta do your wings" he sighs, "downward dog"

I sigh and do as told feeling a bit more awkward. His hand brushed the base of my wings making me shiver.

"Spread your wings. Focus on stretching each feather" he commanded.

I did so but folded my wings quickly when I feel his hand press between them.

"Keep stretching"

I continue and adjust to the feeling. He moved his hand making me shiver again as he was at the base of my wings. He finally removed it and I sat up.

I smack his reaching hand to my wing, "those are sensitive" my face was flushed.

"So are mine, but you need to get a good stretch, now back down"

I huff going back. Although I couldn't see I could feel him move my wings as far back as they could go comfortably. He finally finished and I sat up again.

"Are we done yet?"

"You need to get used to me touching your feathers. You're being too sensitive" he sighed.

"I don't have people touch my wings, ok? I can't stand it"

"You're gonna have to get used to it" he reached to feel the soft feathers making me jump.

I try to smack his hands away but he glares down at me and continues.

"Do you not take care of your pin feathers?" He pets down one of my wings

"Pin feathers?"

He seemed to internally groan before I heard a soft crack and him pull a feather sheath out, "New feathers grow in 2 stages. Blood feathers are the stage where the develop. They are fragile and kinda hurt to touch. They are called blood feathers cause blood is still going through them. If they break you can bleed a lot and it really messes you up. The second stage is pin feathers. The blood now gone you have this crusty sheeth over the new feather. You just have to crack it off to show the new feather" he flicked away the sheath toward the trash.

"I'm a mutation so my family never really taught me how to care for my feathers" I laugh nervously

"You are 21 and can't control your quirk or even take care of it" he groans frustrated.

"I-i try! Those little things usually come out in the shower!" I defend

"Come on baby bird. Let's get you groomed, this is more important than wing strength for today" he pulled me over to a bench making me sit.

I sat as he fetched a water bottle, "how long is this going to take?"

"Depends how hard you make this" he wet my wings gently and started preening at the pin feathers. After a few demonstrations, he had me do the other wing.

After what feels like only 10 minutes I started feeling satisfied and a lot better until Hawks preened at one at my inner soft feathers. I shuttered and instinctively grab his shirt.

"Calm down, you're fine, so sensitive" he mumbled grabbing another to roll it in his fingers so it would come off.

I shook and his other hand held my waist to steady me, "Please be gentle" I whine