O N E

My bag falls on the floor as I let it slip off my shoulder. 

I had just apparted here from Beauxbatons. Not even a day after I was told I had been expelled from the school I had grown up. Not even a day after I had to accept that my whole life would change.

Apparting here was quite a challenge. It's like even the school doesn't want me here, it kept trying to stop me from getting here. 

I look at the school as I sigh deeply. By the looks of it, Hogwarts is very different in comparison with Beauxbatons. Take the building itself for example. Where Beauxbatons is immaculately cared for, with beautiful gardens, white walls, and stunning views, Hogwarts seemed on the brink of collapse.

With a little effort, I manage to push the large doors open, after which I grab my bag and suitcase and step inside the building.

For a moment I just stand there. Intrigued by my environment. The long, endless corridors. Tall windows that let in a great amount of light. It looked old, but beautiful in a way.

Since standing there seems very useless to me, I start walking. I have no idea which way to go, and no idea where I am headed. The corridors were awfully quiet, there was not a soul in them.

While walking I start to think again. I have no idea what to expect here. What will happen to me? Will I finally feel like I belong here?

But the most fearful thing is that I will see my siblings again. 7 years... I wonder if they will still recognize me. And more importantly, whether I will recognize them. Whether I should be happy I will be able to see them again or fear for that exact same moment, I haven't made my mind up about just yet. 

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of shoes coming my way. When I turn around I see two red-haired boys walking towards me. The boys look identical to each other. I am unsuccesfull in suppressing a smile at the sight of the pair. 

All of their attention lies with an object ther are holding in their hands, as they talk about it enthusiastically. They are so focused on their conversation that they almost forget to look up.

To get their attention, I snap my fingers, making a pastel blue butterfly appears right in front of them.

"Bloody Hell!", The pair shout in unison. Once they have their eyes on me they repeat it, louder this time. They stare at me with open mouths, without saying anything else. I have to do my best not to laugh spontaneously at how they look, looking at me like that.

"7 years since seeing you guys, and that's the only hello I get?" I say with a smile on my face.

I run up to them with open arms and give both my brothers a big hug. "Look at you, all grown up", says Fred as soon as I let them go. "Is everything okay? You haven't come to visit us before. ," George asks at the same time.

I take a step back to get a good look at both of my brothers. They don't look anything like the guys I can remember. Still smiling, I shrug my shoulders. "I just arrived. I changed schools-"

My explanation was interrupted by a male voice behind me. "For Merlin's sake, don't even finish that sentence."

I notice Fred and George sigh deeply while looking at someone behind me. On my heels, I turn to see where the voice was coming from.

"Beg your pardon?" With my eyebrows raised, I look at the pair in front of me, both about my age. The girl on the left has half-long brown hair, tied up in a messy ponytail. Her face has a false grin on it, which she looks at us with. Next to her is a tall boy who has put his arm around the girl's shoulder. He runs his free hand through his blond hair, while giving the three of us an irritated look. 

"And just when I thought this year couldn't get any worse, fate decides to prove me wrong in the most horrible way possible.", the boy whispers to the girl next to him, just hard enough for us to hear.

I look over my shoulder at my brothers in disbelief. "Is this dude for real right now?"

I watch them signal me as inconspicuously as possible to stop, whereupon I look at them questioningly and turn my attention back to the boy who felt it necessary to share his opinion without anyone asking. "How can you walk around making accusations like that? You have never met me before. You don't even know who I am" The disbelief is quite noticeable in my voice.

Looking me up and down, a hint of a smirk appears on his, I have to admit, gorgeous face. "Red hair, and a worn suitcase. Must be a Weasley"

A small chuckle escapes before I can suppress it. With a sarcastic smile on my face, I look deep into his eyes. "Blond hair, and a crappy ass attitude? Must be a Malfoy"

For just a split second, the boy seems amazed at my reaction, if not intrigued. Obviously, he doesn't expect anyone to argue with him or talk back in the first place. The kind of self-righteous, arrogant boy who expects the world to bow at his feet, and never even hears 'no'.

"Ooh, witty" he replies, letting his arm slide away from the girl's shoulders. I can see that she is not happy with this. "Perhaps we just with the first Weselbee I will not instantly despise," the boy tells her. He has the biggest grin on his face while saying this.

I'd love to lash out now and wipe that grin from his face. The only thing that stops me at the moment is the realization that I have not been at this school for an hour. Getting involved in a fight, let alone starting one, seems a bit extreme. Even for me.

So instead of a physical comeback, I decide to go for a verbal one. "Trust me, the feeling won't be mutual"

We stare at each other intensively for more than a minute. His cold, gray eyes don't leave my gaze for a second. The tension between us can be felt clearly. And yet again it is not an annoying tension.

Our staring combat comes to an end when I feel my arm being pulled. I see George picking up my suitcase, while Fred tries to pull me away from the scene I created.

"Well, wasn't that fun? Unfortunately, we really have to go now. Toodles!", I hear Fred say before we turn the corner.

After walking in silence for a while, and they're sure the boy wouldn't be able to hear us anymore, Fred and George force me to stop.

"You know, little sister", begins Fred, to which George continues "You're quite the troublemaker."

"Just like us", they end in union.