hold on to sixteen

Mulai dari awal

"That's not an image I can ever get out of my mind."

I hot his chest, "Do you have cash?" I asked.

"What?" he questions though takes off his wallet to give me cash.

"Give me a second." I tell him as I made my way to the front handing Sam the money. "Ang-Angel..."

As Sam took in the fact that I was in fact real I turned to point at Finn who was at the back trying to hide away. Sam quickly got off stage and pulled Finn and I to the back, well after Finn went to get some food.

"I tried getting a real job. DQ was great and I got two free Blizzards a day, but it paid just over minimum wage." He went on to explain what the hell he was doing here. "You know how much I made this afternoon? 60 bucks." He said before reaching into his pocket to pull out more. "$65... in 15 minutes."

Finn turned to me, "You gave him five dollars?" I just shrugged in response.

"Am I ashamed I work here? Yeah, I'm ashamed. My dad got a job working construction to pay the rent, but when my brother needs a new pair of shoes or the TV busts, these abs pay for it." Poor Sam. At least he was doing it for the right reasons.

"Your parents don't know that you work here?"

"No, they just think the DQ pays really well. I'm good at this."

"You're good at it because you have that a boy-next-door innocence that makes you approachable, okay? You're good at it for all the reasons that you shouldn't be doing it. I'm also pretty sure you working here is illegal." I tell him. I mean he was only sixteen.

"Come back to McKinley, Sam." Finn crouched down towards him. "We need you for Sectionals. Tell me you don't want it. Dude, you're young, you got so much potential. Working here is, like, throwing your life away."

Sam sighs, "Okay, I want it... but my dad will never let me." he concludes.

"Don't know till you ask."

After that we took the drive back to Sams place to talk to his parents. He was scared but we both assured him things would turn out fine.

"Dad, Mom, what I'm trying to say is I want to go back to Ohio with them. They need me to compete at Sectionals this weekend."

"And he could stay at one of our houses so you wouldn't need to worry about his living situation." Finn added in to try and ease his parents.

I nodded in agreement, "Totally, we'd take care of him."

"You think you two could go in the other room, make yourselves busy, please?" Sams dad suggests.

We nod getting up making our wya to their living room, "Yeah, totally-- I'm really good at looking busy." I looked up at Finn wildly shaking my head.

We sat there nervously waiting for Sam to give us some good news. And after about fifteen minutes he came running in, "Ohio here we come!"

[ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ]

"Welcome Sam." My mom greeted us at the door as I helped carry Sams thing in.

"Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Montez for allowing me to stay here."

"It's no problem Sam we're happy to have you here." My mom smiled.

My dad scoffed, "Yeah we've practically started a foster house."

"Don't mind my dad." I shot a glare at him before turning back to Sam. "He just a grumpy old man because he's bald." I slapped my dad bald head before heading up with sam.