one

One
Verena's POV~
My plane had finally touched down after my nearly, cross country flight from LA to Quantico, Virginia.

After graduating from Quantico, I went back to CSU, and taught criminal justice for a while, 2 years nearly.

With the conclusion of my semester, and feeling like I'm ready for something new, I got in touch with my Uncle D, no, we're not genetically related, but being my dads best friend forever, and being my godfather, we stayed in touch frequently, enough for me coming to visit whenever we can work it out, which it has been over 2 years since we last met up.

Getting to my rental car, and driving back to headquarters felt far too familiar, a good familiar though.

The last time I had checked in with Uncle D, he said he was about 30 minutes away from Quantico, as him and his team had been on their way back from a case, and to meet him in his office if I got there before him.

Getting out of the rental car I walked up into the lobby, getting into the elevator, pressing the 6 button to go up to Uncle D's office.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I realized one small key detail, I didn't know which office was his.

"Hi! Is there any chance you're Verana?" I heard in a friendly female voice, as I looked up the small flight of stairs to see a very peppy woman, dressed in bright colors. Based on the stories over the years, I guessed she was Penelope, the computer tech for the team.

"Yep" I said, returning a warm smile.

"Ah! Yes, perfect, I was told you were coming soon, right this way, your uncle wanted to make sure you had help in case you got here before him, it's a pleasure to finally meet you! I'm Penelope Garcia, your uncles office is right here, this place is a maze, I'm here to help if you need it" She said warmly.

"Thank you, it's great to meet you too" I said, walking up the short flight of stairs seeing a name tag with a familiar name, 'Aaron Hotchner'

I had met Hotch when I was 14, so 10 years ago when he was new to the team, so at least there was one familiar face here other then Uncle D.

After a moment of talking to Penelope, who seems amazing I will add, I was left alone in Uncle D's office til the team got back.

I sat down on the couch in his office, pulling the blanket off the back of it, as I began reading the case file he left on his desk, knowing it was a cold case of course, I learned at a young age how to tell a cold case from an open case.

To my advantage I was still in the black joggers, and red loose cropped tank top that I had worn for my travels to be comfortable, which also worked out great to cuddle up on the couch with a cold case, not most people cup of tea but it calms me to know that such awful people, are getting what they deserve, and the world is becoming a better place. Theres always good in every situation, you just have to look hard enough to see it.

One
Reid's POV.

Home, finally, the plane touching down after this case. This case was bad, how bad you may ask? I'll tell you, Florida.

As we all rode in the elevator back up, we discussed lighter subjects coming up, like the chance of doing a pasta night at Rossi's soon. Those were always the highlight of the year.

The doors opened as we all began to slowly get back to our desks, Garcia coming into the bullpen, seemingly to brief the case over again like we always do.

"Rossi, shes in your office" She said. I didn't question it, Rossi gets a lot of visitors, so this wasn't out of the ordinary.

"Thanks Garcia, if you all wouldn't mind before we brief if you can all wait here for a second, I have someone I want you guys to meet" He said as he went up the steps to his office to the closed door.