Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory

Start from the beginning

"Which one?" Amora asked.

"That one..." Hazel's voice died in her throat when she looked at the bridge. Amora turned in the direction of her gaze, and her breath hitched in her throat. Smoke was billowing from the structure as bits and pieces of the bridge fell away.

"Cedric! Aaron!" Amora screamed, running over. By the time her and Aspen made it over, they found the bridge quickly falling apart.

Cedric lay in the rubble a few feet away, and Amora sighed in relief. Her and Aspen hauled him from his shoulders, and safely laid him on the ground, away from the bridge.

"Watch him, I'll go find Aaron," Amora told him. She ran back to the bridge, and noticed rubble being moved aside. Aaron emerged from a pile of wood, coughing.

"Aaron! Hang on, I'm coming!" Amora yelled. She ran over, but every step she took made the entire bridge shake.

"Amora, promise me you'll tell Rey I love her!" Aaron shouted.

"What? Aaron, what are you talking about?" Amora shouted. Aaron looked at her, and her heart sank. He wasn't making it off this bridge, and he knew it.

"Just promise me you'll tell her to consider the name Piper! And that I love her more than any" Aaron was cut off when the bridge beneath him disappeared and he plummeted below. Amora dove out to reach him, but the last thing she saw was his body plummeting into the chasm.

"Aaron!" Amora screamed.

Roger watched from a distance as the bridge crumbled. He had safely made it to the other side, and was planning to take refuge in the Dark Forest until things calmed down.

But Amora had other plans for him.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora stared emptily into the pit that had taken her twin brother. She didn't cry. Not a single tear.

"Amora? Cedric's knocked out for a bit, but did you find Aaron? Amora?" Aspen's voice asked, but it sounded far away. Distant.

Belle. Amora could still vividly remember the first time they met. Belle was the only one that didn't judge her for being a LeStrange. Ned. Despite everything Bellatrix did to his parents, he remained a kind and passionate person. He was the funniest person Amora had known. Fred. Even though he barely knew her, he helped to rescue her from Malfoy Manor so many years ago. Tonks. The family she didn't know she needed. Remus. He sparked inspiration in everyone he met. Sirius. He saw the good in people when he couldn't even see the good in himself sometimes.

Aaron. He died doing the only thing he knew how to do. Protecting others.

The grief overwhelmed her in waves. The energy and power that had been asleep for so long was now bubbling alive in her chest, humming in her ears with energy. A white aura of light surrounded her, and she glanced back to Aspen.

"I'll be right back," Amora told him.

"Wait! Amora, where's Aaron?" Aspen called out.

"About to be avenged," she muttered under her breath. She walked to the edge of the bridge, and squeezed her eyes shut. As if she had done it before, she pictured herself on the other side of the bridge. When she opened her eyes, she was there.

It only took her a few moments to find Roger. When she did, all she had to do was extend her arm and he was frozen where he stood. No one would find them this deep in the Dark Forest.

No one would find his body.

Amora walked around him so he could face her, and when he saw her his eyes widened. White wisps of magic floated between her fingers, and she pointed her hand towards Roger, keeping him frozen.

"Wandless magic. Impressive." Roger forced out with gritted teeth.

"You killed him. You killed Aaron," Amora growled.

"So you're going to kill me too?" Roger chuckled. A deadly smirk appeared across Amora's face, and Roger's eyes widened in fear.

"No," Amora said in a deadly calm voice, "Death would be far too nice to you. Besides, I don't want you annoying Astrid in eternity."

"So you'll let me go?" Roger asked hopefully.

"You're going to have to ask the dementors that question for the rest of your miserable life," Amora hissed. She firmly planted her hands in the ground, feeling the earth and dirt. She then split it open, revealing a man sized hole.

"No, that's not possible," Roger whispered under his breath.

"Why? You don't think I can be this powerful?" Amora mused.

"Bellatrix never told me you were. How is this possible?" Roger panicked. Amora looked him in the eye, and then shoved him into the pit, sending him straight to Azkaban.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎