Chapter 53: Cedric Diggory

Start from the beginning

"We need to help our friends right now. We can deal with him later, I promise," Amora told him. Then, she ran off back into the chaos. Cedric stood there, watching her help Hazel and Aspen take down a giant spider.

What else could he do if she wasn't willing to deal with Roger now?

Aaron had just managed to take down three wizards with one bat bogie hex, and he stood there relishing his victory. What he didn't expect was for someone to grab his shoulder. He whirled around, ready to punch whoever was trying to fight him. Cedric ducked just in time to avoid getting knocked into tomorrow.

"Whoa! Same team, same team," Cedric reassured him. Aaron sighed in relief, then looked at Cedric confusedly.

"Ced, we are kind of in a war. Can this wait?" Aaron asked.

"No. I don't think it can," Cedric told him.

"So... what do you need my help with?" Aaron questioned.

"Taking down Roger," Cedric replied.

"Oh shit, I'm in," Aaron chuckled.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Cedric spotted Roger, hiding in a crowd of fleeing Death Eaters. Him and Aaron shoved their way through the mob of escapees, who cussed at them but moved along.

Aaron grabbed Roger by his collar, and didn't hesitate to throw a right hook at him. Roger fell to the ground, none of the Death Eaters glancing back to help him. Cedric grabbed a fistful of his shirt and yanked him back on to his feet.

Damn his father, damn his mother, damn these expectations. All Roger wanted to do was draw, not be a Death Eater. Not have to be married to some brat, and fight a battle he didn't care about. Now a small part of him knew he was getting the karma he deserved.

"You ever go near Amora again, I will kill you. Understand?" Cedric growled. Roger fumbled for his wand and managed to point it right at Cedric's face.

"Stupefy!" Roger shouted. Cedric was sent flying backwards, and Aaron pointed his wand at Roger.

"Stand down!" Aaron shouted.

"If I'm going down, you both are coming down with me," Roger growled. He then grit his teeth and pointed his wand at the support beam of the bridge. Sparks flew from his wand, shattering the wooden beams that held them from the chasm's grasp.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Amora, stupefy it's legs! I'll try and stun it then!" Hazel shouted. Amora managed to nod her head before she was almost impaled by the spider's leg. Aspen dove under it's belly, trying to kill it from there. He only accomplished in making it pissed off.

Amora weaved through the spider's legs, like some deadly tap dance. Slowly, one by one, she stupefied it's legs. Once it was practically frozen, Hazel pointed her wand at it's head.

"Confringo!" Hazel chanted. The spider exploded, dissolving into dust.

"Nice job guys," Aspen grunted, as Hazel helped him to his feet.

"Wait a moment, have you guys seen Cedric? Or Aaron?" Amora asked them.

"I saw them heading toward a bridge a couple of minutes ago," Hazel told her.